Guard Crush 5/5v5 Battle for the Empire State - Brooklyn, NY - 08/04/10 (SSF4 & BBCS)

MikeG, Booty Clappa, and Team Sp00ky Present…

"Guard Crush 5"
(Bi-Weekley Tournament)

Wednesday August, 4th @ GamePAD Inc.

Super Street Fighter IV on Xbox360 - $10 Entry
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift on Playstation3 - $10 Entry
Super Street Fighter IV Team New York Qualifier on Xbox360 - $0 Entry
Venue Fee is $10
Pot will be split 70/20/10 between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place respectively

The Live Stream will be brought to you by Team Sp00ky
To donate to Team Sp00ky, go to Team Sp00ky Donation

Tournaments will be Double Elimination
Seeded Brackets will be generated through Tonamento.com

BYOC - Bring Your Own Controller!!!

Where: Game PAD Inc Google Maps
6727 Bay Parkway
Between 67th and 68th Street
Brooklyn, NY
Directions by Train/Bus: Take the N train to Bay PKWY in Brooklyn. Walk 2 blocks up the streets. You can also go to MTA NYC Transit - Trip Planner to get the fastest route over here

When: Wednesday August 4th
Registration and Casuals Will Begin at 5pm.
SSF4 will begin at 6:30pm.
BB:CS will begin at 7:30pm.
EMP vs NYC Qualifier will begin at 8:30pm.
Note: It is very important that people show up before 6:30. If for some reason you are running late, please give us a call and we will put your name in the bracket. Once the brackets are generated, names CANNOT be added!!! When you show up late, make sure to let us know so we don’t enter your name twice into the bracket
Mike’s Cell: 347 472 2105
Joe’s Cell: 516 652 8223

Rules:
Sets will be 2 out of 3 Matches
Loser’s and Winner’s finals will be 3 out of 5 matches
Grand Finals are 3 out of 5 matches with the guy coming out of the Loser’s bracket having to win 2 sets and the guy coming out of Winner’s only having to only win 1 set.

Super Street Fighter IV

• Singles
  • 2 out of 3 rounds
  • 99 seconds
  • Color 11 and 12 banned
  • Loser of the previous match may switch characters
  • Double blind select are available for both character selection and ultra selection, by request only
  • Winner of the previous match may switch Ultra’s but must select his Ultra before his opponent selects his Ultra
  • If a match ends in a double KO where both players have 2 rounds won, both players are credited for winning 0 matches and must restart that match with no one switching characters or Ultras.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

• Singles
  • 2 out of 3 rounds
  • 99 seconds
  • No Unlimited Characters
  • No Super shortcuts
  • Double blind character select is available by request
  • Loser of the previous match may switch characters

ATTENTION!!!

CitiofBrass will be running Part 3 of "5v5 Battle for the Empire State" EMP vs New York Qualifiers at this Guard Crush. He is putting together a team so we can finally prove that EMP does not run this city. WE RUN THIS TOWN!!! The tournament is free entry, and will not have a pot, but you must pay the Venue fee. The 5v5 is taking place on a date that is TBA(either late August or early September). More info on that event will be coming. Here are the rules…

• You must be a New York State resident
  • No EMP members can enter
  • Tournament is Character Lock. You chose your character when you sign up. The character that you win with is the character you will use in the 5v5
  • One match set (2 out of 3 rounds). NOT 2 OUT OF 3 MATCHES
  • Winners/Losers/Grand Finals is 2/3 matches with the guy coming out of Loser’s Finals having to win 2 sets in Grand Finals
  • 99 seconds
  • Color 11 and 12 Banned

Qualified:

A. MikeG (Boxer)
B. Damdai (Ryu)
C.
D.
E.

You know I’m there. Out of curiosity, what made you guys change the price to $10? Doesn’t affect me either way but I am sure some people will be less enthusiastic about the price increase.

It cost myself, mike, and spooky money to run the events. Everything we do, flyers, extra games and systems, transport of consoles/equipment all comes from our own pockets. We made no money off of previous events other then those players that won. Any money that we do make in the future will go right back into the tournaments, upgrading spookys stream and the likes. We aren’t even going to lie about it.

We will see how it goes. We hope that you guys still come out and support us. We try to give you the best tournaments we can and we all work really hard in making that happen.

That’s cool man you guys definately deserve to make something out of this at the end of the day. Keep up the good work.

Might come… Wednesdays are tough with work and I don’t live too close.

Fucking PS3…

What now? I talked to the BB guys, they play on PS3, so it was suggested to us to run it on PS3 so we are. Just borrow a stick…

I think I might try and make my way down there, with some people. Keep up the good work guys

lets gitttt it

Come on guys. Lets get 70 ppl for this one!!!

blow it up!

i might go to this…are there adapters for ps3 controllers for the 360?

have to provide your own.

so im not sure if you guys know this or if my browser is f’ed up but on the calendar it shows that the tournament is the 8th which is a sunday. I’m sure ppl that are smart enough to read wont care but im looking for a tourney on sunday and if i didnt notice that someone said “wednesdays are tough” I wouldnt have bothered to recheck. aside from that does anyone know of any tourneys available on sundays in nyc. Im just moved back from austin tx (arcade ufo, fubarduck fame) and am desperate for some local beatdowns on the weekends…i work weekdays so i wont be able to make it to this one… by the way thanks in advance to anyone who responds…

would it help if i brought a ps3 in?

what 10 bucks now. What happened O.o

That’s what I’d like to know

Sorry, but the tournament format is remaining on Xbox 360. Tournament matches will not be played on PS3. If you play on a PS3 pad, I suggest that you get a converter.

no problem dude ill stop by anyway i got a 360 controller i can use.

Yup.