I’ve been getting a few people asking me how to put art under the buttons for sticks. I had free time so i decided what the hell, let me make a shitty guide
Tools you will need:
-some sort of small sharp blade like an exacto-knife (i used a swiss army knife cuz thats all i had)
-a thin screw driver or pen to pop off the buttons
-sharp pair of scissors
-a glue stick
- Mount the art under the plexitop.
- Slowly and carefully cut the art out with the blade by cutting as close to the plexiglass edge as possible
- Pop the art out when its fully cut.
- Now take the button and pop off the top by taking a screw driver and pushing in the small tabs on the 2 sides and then pushing it upward. It should be able to be pulled out now.
- take the colors button inside the clear out out.
- now take the smaller button and try to put center it on the art hole that you have cut out from the top art. Take a pencil and trace a circle on the back. When you cut it out try and cut along the inside of the circle to it will fit better inside the button.
- Now take the image and put it inside the clear top. You might need to take your fingernail and slowly push in the perimeter in case its not an exact fit.
- Now put the smaller button back inside the bigger clear top and snap it back into the button and you are done! If you want to you can use some sort of glue stick and put some in the smaller button to prevent the art from moving around inside from all the hardcore playing (Thanks to RoBoBOBR for this suggestion).
I am not saying this is the only way to do it. This is what I have tried and seemed to work. Also I’m not taking the credit for putting art under the buttons as I’ve seen it on a lot of previously made sticks and I liked how it looked, so decided to try it myself. Also i apologize in advance of the grammar is shitty. English isn’t exactly my best subject.