**Theory & Video Analysis Folks!
Since there’s no SSF4 Guile thread yet, I thought it would be interesting to see, talk & guess how well Guile would fair against what’s shown on these videos.
I’m really scared & excited by the recent SSF4 videos. I hope we get videos of the normal cast soon or details about their changes.
(2/10/10) sorry for the delay, but here’s some more videos of Guile in action:
http://gameinformer.com/games/super_street_fighter_iv/b/ps3/archive/2010/02/04/hands-on-ssfiv.aspx( thx syngin) ****VS Ryu, and various matchups
****Analysis in thread below
[media=youtube]PKk822S3mO8[/media] VS Guy (excuse the noob but any footage is good footage)
[media=youtube]XVZMsQ6iV0Y[/media] VS E.Honda
[media=youtube]PznD_vhBAXI&feature=related[/media] VS Seth
-Sonic hurricane Completed
-Seth’s new Ultra
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/701750/super-street-fighter-fight-club-videos-watch-seth-killian-take-on-justin-wong.html VS GUY (pt 1 Fight Club 0:00 - 3:30) VS SETH (10:30)
**** VS Dictator
**** Highlights & opinions:
- Sonic Hurricane (1:50)
- Dictator’s new Ultra Psycho Punisher is a grab type move like El Fuerte’s Ultra & does not require a charge
- EX FK does not do more damage or have more range.
(I recreated 1:20 several times to confirm distance & damage taken. wasn’t hard since Guile didn’t move, & Dict was easy to line up)
- overhead still the same speed (1:23)****(recreated & matches video speed )
**** - Crossups still beat FK (1:33 & 1:39)
- cr.HK is still the same speed (1:49) (recreated & matches video speed)
My theory/ notes:
- looks like everyone’s getting a normal & an EX juggle.
- Juri’s reversal > swap might have been better if it was part of a new Focus followup
- Her air kick juggle better not be safe on block. (looks like she can spam it like cammy’s air cannon spike)
- fireball speeds have been tweeked
- DJ’s MGPunch seems to have little range & the startup makes it a weak anti-air
- T. Hawk’s throw range is insane (seth even said its gonna be nerfed, lol)
- Hawk’s air condor looks fairly punishable on block
- Hawk’s got a horizontal DP that’s looks like a fair anti-air
-DJ will probably be similar to a Guile mirror match. Depending on how good his MGP on block, he looks to have more options for close pressure then Guile.
block string combo example: sb, cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.mp, double rolling sobat, sb
Don’t see any problems with mixups/crossovers
-T.Hawk looks like he might be a Gief with DP instead of the Lariet which should Guile an advantage (6:4) Problem could be how much damage Hawk does, his insane command throw range, & weither his condor moves are punishable or not.
****knockdown mixup example: overhead/cr.lp, 360/ dp >FADC>360
air condor spam/crossups > 360
****-Junri scared me every time I see a video of her. She’s got some fast, long range normals, what looks like a fireball mixup game like gouken, and launchers that seem to combo from 2/3 of the screen away.
Looks like Guile has another uphill battle due to her mind games, strong normals, & lots of long range specials.
(see videos for crazy combos)
What do you guys think?