Guile Strategies and Matchup Thread *updated and consolidated on page 1*

guile

Abel

[LIST]
[]rush him the fuck down…when you knock him down, jump in deep roundhouse and land all your links starting with a jab, if you fuck up or start with low short, you will get ex command grabbed
[
]be prepared to do alot of backdashing, keep in mind what patterns you see when Abel puts on the pressure from the cancelable towards + forward kick into shorts…dont mash throw (i know it goes against all old school SF logic).Guile under this kind of grab pressure, as you must not be lazy on the downback block and will have to rely on anticipation and reaction
[]stick his ass in the corner and keep him there…put good pressure on him just outside his ex command grab range…force him to panic and use ex roll to get out…once you see yellow, throw his ass in the starting
[
]Guile’s s.fierce owns Abel. Any blocked crackshoot kick is a free 1-2 s.fierces from Guile
[]Watch for the EX CoD (up close) as this can lead to nasty followups
[
]Neutral jumps to escape command throw, can be used in block strings to counter a reversal command throw
[]A flash kick will catch him after he does a F MK then dash, as long as you have your down charge. I think you have are a small window of opportunity to throw him before he finishes the dash if you lose your down charge. But you will end up with a tech throw if he planned on doing a normal throw on you.
[
]After blocking the first punch of the rekka combo, you can FK him before the second hit comes out provided you have your charge
[/LIST]

Akuma

[LIST]
[]Try to time SB, including ex, so he lands on them when he air fireballs
[
]Once he has Ultra stay grounded. Too many times have I been caught with his Ultra because I decided to jump his fireballs. Could’ve been me, but if you block his EX AirBalls, he can land and get you withUltra ( not confirmed ). I have also been caught by his Ultra after a j.rh. Not sure if it’s a sure Ultra for him… I should try it in training. If you ever see the Raging Demon ( if you didn’t already know ) JUMP if you are right next to him. Half-screen is no problem, since he can be hit with anything at that distance.
[]His super version of raging demon is like Gief’s super, if you are in proximity you are grabbed immediately
[
]If he is cornered, you can bait his teleport and punish it
[]If the first hit of his f.hk misses, you can FA the second hit for a punish or punish before the second hit (like Guile’s c.hk)
[
]If his spacing of f.hk is poor and you can tell the second hit is going to whiff, you can punish it with c.mp > fk.
[*] Demon Flip can be air thrown, but watch out for the Dive Kick. Akumas I’ve played stuff my FK attempts everytime with it, so I go for the air throw.
[/LIST]

Blanka

[LIST]
[]c.lp, s.lp, c.mp, s.mp, s.hp all beat the horizontal ball and the ex horizontal ball. Best ones to use (due to timing are): c.lp and c.mp. EX timing is ugly.
[
]watch out for his ground slide, punish a deep one with c.mp -> fk otherwise use sweep
[]dont jump blindly at Blanka as his low strong will cleanly beat all your jumpins. Throw SB’s in his face while he is advancing,you cannot traditionally zone Blanka from long range because if Blanka is within 1/3 of the screen away from you, he can punish SB with slide on reaction.Throw jab SB’s from more than 2/3 of the screen away,if he attempts to slide, it will whiff and you get a free sweep.You cannot crossup Blanka with EX because of EX vertical Ball. Jump in and dont attack, make him waste his EX’s. If Blanka feels like jumping, mix it up with jump roundhouse - d/f roundhouse - short FK - air throw.Youre going on to have to pick and choose your hits on the ground with Blanka.Try to bait out his Ultra from a safe distance and FK it (you can see me do it at 1:31 here and 2:01 against Moval’s Blanka [media=youtube]0O1vHtkww_4[/media])
[
]“rainbow roll” can be owned by a level 3 FA. Start charging your FA just a little bit before he hits you and you’ll have a level 3 charged by the time he lands. Just be carefull that blanka doesn’t perform it as a reversal… ie, he blocks a full screen boom then immediately does rainbow roll.
[*]AT A DISTANCE: Don’t be afraid to mid screen boom in range of his slide. You NEED to do this in order to apply pressure. The trick is to skew to risk/reward ratio in your favor. Every time you see a mid range blanka move forward a little, tap your FA. If nothing happens after a few seconds, back dash. If you mix this up decently, you can start incorporating throwing out booms from that range instead. This makes the damage ratio tilt in your favor. You may eat a few slides in the process, but thats just part of the game, you can’t let it get you down, but be smart about it. You have to try to as safe as possible from horizontal ball, slide, and jump ins all at the same time. Remember you will never be able to perfectly safe, so just do your best and stay fluid. As someone else mentioned know what charge blanka has stored.

[*]UP CLOSE: This is tricky. As it was mentioned, its difficult to smack blanka’s crossup j.mk or strait jump in roundhouse with a c.hp. However, don’t let this discourage you from trying. Even if it never hits cleanly, I prefer going for the cr.hp for an AA because I hate getting caught in blanakas mixup game. I also have good luck with using FA as an anti-air in this fight, because blankas j.hk hits so high. It’s easy for blankas to abuse a crossup j.mk, poke, poke, crossup j.mk, mixup etc. I’ve had a good deal of luck with jump back fierce, but there is still no true right answer to this. After a blanka hop, he could throw, tick throw, electricity, EX vertical roll… and there’s no right answer that will stop all of his options. However, as I’ve mentioned, I’ve had much luck with jump back fierce.

[*]DON’T BE AN IDIOT: Just don’t get abused by “the easy stuff.”

• Stop getting thrown after blanka whiffs an lp roll! No matter what he does, all of his followup options can be thrown.
  • Stop getting hit with his ultra! He has no true solid way to land the thing. Dont throw a close range boom on his wakeup when hes got an ultra stocked! Just leave him alone on his wakeup when he has the ultra.
  • Stop getting confused by hops! It’s not that confusing of a move once you learn to recoginzie it. (Granted it’s still a good move, but you shouldn’t be getting hit with crossup hop > EX vert ball just because you were blocking the wrong way… but it’s ok to get hit by it if you were trying to tech a throw, hehe, no right answer.)
    [*]If done at midscreen, you can focus the first hit of his ultra, then backdash into ultra to avoid any chip damage.
    [/LIST]

Boxer

[LIST]
[*]s.hp(far) out prioritizes almost everything boxer has (including all rush punches (except ex)).

[*]only swing (overhead) and cannon (diagonal) are armor breakers: learn to use fa.

[*]ex rush punches are easy to fk/exfk/exsb (or from full screen, l.sb then backfist or something) once you learn to look for the yellow flash.

[*]ex fk or late fk beats all boxer jump-in options (learn the spacing for his j.hk: you can beat it with fk, but you need to practice).

[*]on blocked l.tap you can beat all his options with c.lk (mash it) unless he goes for the ultra.

[*]look for opportunities to jump in - they’re there, just watch the headbutt, s.mp, and c.hp aa options.

[*]remember he has no cross-up - a boxer crossing up is a boxer fishing for a throw.

[*]cross-up j.lk c.lk c.lp c.mp sb/fk will not connect - boxer’s sprite is odd (like blanka) and the c.mp won’t connect.

[*]rush upper when you’re crouching is usually a throw attempt.

[*]ex swing punch (overhead) which hits you is a combo opener for boxer; many times you can catch boxer with an exfk after taking the hit (not on purpose).

[]try to zone him, but be ready to shift and always fish with the fa and the s.hp(far).
[
]Throw beats out all rush punches unless he’s landing it at maximum range (just getting you with his glove).
[*]mk.super punishes blocked lp.rp (rush punch) and can juggle into ultra.
[/LIST]

Cammy

[LIST]
[]HK fk should punish blocked cannon spikes
[
]Her air flip throw doesn?t catch if you are crouching, she will likely attempt this if she is chilling at full screen with meter
[]EX Cannon Drills can go under booms - normal ones don’t - but blocked can be punished pretty safely with FK. Trying anything else usually means I get Bird Kicked in the face.
[
] Hooligan Combo can be FKed. If I remember my fights right, you can duck the throw. I have even successfully air thrown Cammy out of it (not sure if she can throw at the peak of the spin) but I got away with it every time in that match.
[] Her Ultra can go under booms and is pretty difficult to punish back with Ultra if you time it wrong. Do it too late and you only get one hit on each somersault.
[
] Spin Knuckle goes through booms, but comes out pretty slow. FA counter hit or just fk her out of it.
[/LIST]

Chun-Li

[LIST]
[*]Use air throw against her because Chun Li players are used to some air dominance. Keep her grounded as much as possible.

[*]Don’t jump in on her when she has meter because her EX bird kick will rule you.

[*]Don’t be baited to use booms inside her ultimate / super range. This mistake will kill you!

[*]If she gets close, punish her with rapid attacks or dash out. Sweep is dangerous vs. her because of her quick reaction time / super / ultimate.

[*]While trying to keep her away, any good Chun-Li player is going to use Hazanshu (the quick flip kick thing) to get over fireballs. I’m not sure, but if it hits, it combos into other stuff, or at least puts you in a bad spot. Try and bait Chun-Li’s into whiffing it by throwing out random jabs. If it whiffs, you can hit sweep them, back out, and reset the match, or you can Focus attack the Hazanshu and proceed to rape.

[*]You can bait her ultra if you are 2/3 of the screen away by using the lp sb.

[*]FADC and backdash will allow you to escape the DF+HK cross up and her mix up game, even on wake up.

[*]c.k > c.lp > c.mp > FK if you lvl1 FA dash through the hazanshu but it seems to be a little bit more difficult since c.lp/c.lk is 4 frames startup instead of 3 frames for close s.lp.
[/LIST]

Claw

[LIST]
[]FA his wall dive and punish since the recovery is long (or you can just block and punish, watch out for cross up)
[
]For early attacks on wall dive, c.hp.
[]Late attacks or attempted throws on wall dives can be punished with anything
[
]Try not to jump in alot, as Claw has just as good of an air throw as you and his stand roundhouse when timed right, hits Guile clean, if you do jump, jump from a distance (where you can still nick him with the tip of your jump roundhouse).Build up your ex bars and attack, put a full on pressure game on him in the corner.Advance with sobats and low shorts and jabs, followed by a jab SB then either roundhouse step kick in, or walk forward a tad bit and use back fierce, as it hits low.Once you get a decent lead of about 15%,start hanging back and advance to the other side of the screen.Alot of Vegas will then start to jump around, or act cute and start whiffing wall dives. Every whiffed wall dive that doesnt go over your head should be punished with ex SB’s and always ex FK when he jumps in because of his jumping fierce (which has great priority). Keep an eye out for his long range Kara throw and punish blocked slides with ex FK’s.
[]backflip is a free stepkick in close, if vega ever jumps at you from range or even wall dives in your direction, jump back air MK will lock out alot of his stuff
[
]watch out for him baiting a sb at full screen for his ultra, you can punish with ultra on block
[*]blocked sky claw can be punished with ultra
[/LIST]

Crimson Viper

[LIST]
[] EX flashkick or Ultra any Seismo > sjc > burning kick attempts. WARNING Do your best to confirm it first. A good viper can bait your attempt, causing you to whiff, wasting meter and eating BIG damage.
[
] Knock her out of the air every chance you get. Her jumping attacks don’t have incredible priority, so most can be easily air thrown, j.hp, j.hk, or flashkicked. She can alter her air trajectory very easily though, which makes this task MUCH easier said than done. Regardless, this is important because her up close game is superior to guile’s.
[] Faster the boom, the better. This applies mainly to mid-max screen’s distance. Jab boom at this range is much worse than fierce or EX. A jab boom will leave you open for a seismo hit, and she will recover before the boom even reaches her. If you try to follow the jab boom as a shield, she can simply lp thunder knuckle under it. However, if she reacts to an EX boom with seismo, the boom will hit her in startup.
[
] Be patient with her pressure. You can not scrub mash out a shoryu. You can not EX messiah. When she’s up close forcing you to block thunder knuckle strings, many times shes too far to FADC a flashkick. So, be patient. Block through the thunder knuckles. Try to block her overhead on reaction. Tech throws. Wait for your clear opening instead of trying to make your own half-assed opening.
[/LIST]

Dan

Dhalism

[LIST]
[*]Whoever gets the lead early in the match can sit on it VERY easily vs. the other. So, let the clock be your best friend during this fight. Once you get a lead, just sit on it and match his fire with your boom and ONLY boom when it is safe to. Once he’s in range to s.fp, just chill, wait till he moves back out and keep matching his fires. Getting in on a turtle sim is near impossible, aside of maybe EX boom FADC chase after it for three bars, you will have a rough time. Otherwise, your limited to matching a yoga fire with an ex boom every once and awhile for one hit. It’s not much, but I’ve won matches against good sims by catching up nice and slow with those EX booms.

As I mentioned, it’s equally hard for him to get on you as well. The recovery on jab boom is so fast that it can completely shut down his teleport game. Just smack him with a close standing fierce when he teleports and then either continue to apply pressure and maybe go for an overhead or throw if he DOESN’T have the meter for super / ultra and just get some distance again if he DOES have either meter.
[/LIST]

Dictator

[LIST]
[]Counter headstomp with airthrow or moving backwards will cause him to land in front of you
[
] s.hp stuffs scissor kick on startup and can punish a high blocked scissor kick (non ex, non lk)
[] j.mp beats out many of Dictator’s aerial moves
[
] FA the follow up after a block headstomp for free combo (b. hk -> c.mp …)
[*] s.lp can stuff his scissor kick if timed right
[/LIST]

E.Honda
[LIST]
[]this is where the old school comes in…you must control space (use knee to follow up SB’s while charging and the backwards sobat kick to walk back and charge and bait Honda to jump towards)vs Honda and force him to jump towards you…Guile will not win this match upclose.
[
]Prepare to fight the match from half screen to full screen away. Throw SB’s and bait Honda to jump towards you.Mixup your antiairs and never jump towards Honda when he jumps straight up (straight up fierce owns Guile).Be mindful of his Ultra and dont throw them upclose when he has them.
[]low fiece his ass when he comes down from his Sumo Drop
[
]Air-throw actually owns sumo splash, if you preemptively throw it out every jump. I personally jump backwards and (preemptively, anticipating) air-grab whenever I’m close, and I actually catch Honda’s Sumo Splash more often than not. Its like throwing out the air-grab super early and catching Ken/Ryu’s shoryuken on start up, with a lot more margin of error. (Although not much)
[*] sb > headbutt
[/LIST]

El Fuerte

[LIST]
[*]Wakeup backdash will get you out of the fajita buster (fp grab), stop n’ throw, and a front tostada press (mp splash). However, if you get hit out of the backdash by a cross-up tostada press or a hk slide, you will be considered airborne and be able to quick-rise, escaping the trap. A well timed crossup tostada press will make you forward dash though, and the propeller tortilla (run away + hp grab), will own you.

[*]NEVER flashkick against his wakeup game.

[]NEVER ultra against his wakeup game.
[
]FA > dash. Goes without saying, but this is probably a better option then JUST blocking. Obviously, your still going to get grabbed, but now you don’t have to guess on a cross-up if you sniff a tostada press.

[*]Watch for the backrun! Once he runs away on your wakeup, the most likely option he will do is propeller torilla, which will grab you whether you are dashing forward or back, or standing, or crouching. Once you see him initiate the back run, jump back. It’s really hard to see though and it take some reaction as well as getting used to that particular animation. Go in training mode and play around with fuertr yourself so you can get a better idea of what an instant run back > hp looks like.

[]Be patient. Dont panic and start trying to flash kick randomly. Fuertes in Socal with punish FK whiffs with RSF loops of about 4-5 hits then they usually super or two in one into run into a splash crossup for a dizzy.Dont chase Fuerte , make him come to you.As long as Guile stays on his feet, he can dictate the match very easily. Anytime you see Fuerte in the air and hes in reasonable distance to FK, dont, either low fierce, or EX SB or air throw.Get him on the ground and do this (which I believe is really dirty)
[
]do a deep jump in roundhouse, it would be so deep that Fuerte is forced to block(safe jump in),his ex DP with kick grab move will whiff(punish this as soon as you see i whiff, as he recovers really quick).If the Fuerte tries to FA, you do your attack so deep that you can land and break focus for free because you have so much advantage because your jump in was so deep.If Fuerte tries to backdash,walk up and throw him or hit him,since his back dash is really shitty.If you see yellow,mash jab since Fuerte’s run armor takes 2 hits to break,when you break add a jab then link into standing back fierce.
[]When Fuerte knocks you down, you cannot react.You just have to take an educated guess.Block slides and splashes accordingly and youve narrowed down his game to two things, that DDT or the move from his back run where he grabs you and spins you like shit.Spins you like shit I believe you cannot dash under,but you can dash back.DDT i think you can duck it(you can correct me if im wrong this somebody).
[
]If you stay active and very mobile, throwing out lots of random s.hk, backfist, j.hp, and air throwing there really isn’t much that fuerte can do to get in on you very easily. If you can manage to rush him down, do it, because his answers to rush down are pretty weak. Once he has an ultra stocked, tone down your boom usage and jump forward usage a bit. Also, on his wakeup, c.lk is a good safe meaty that can’t be ultra punished.

[*]My fuerte matches, even against good japanese fuertes, normally ends up having me look like a scrub, jumping around like a jackass, throwing out random ass j.hp and hk, doing seemingly random backdashes and FA’s from mid-full screen, and just playing guile not like guile. You have to think out of the box if you want to keep him out and win.

[*]Any talk of his wakeup game is pretty redundant. But still, backdash works well as it usually gives you a chance to quick rise after, breaking the cycle. You can still get grabbed out of it and it’s still a guessing game. Hope that you guess right. Once you do though, elf has to go back to the drawing board.
[/LIST]

Fei Long

[list]
[*]s.hp and c.mp stuff rekkas on start up, s.hp has better range so its a better option for stuffing rekkas, but use c.mp > whatever for punish on block
Tenshin Combos are a PITA to deal with, because he can link them as long as he wants and catch you looking the wrong way. most will cr.mk shiankyaku which cant be blocked since you got stuck in tenshin, but shiankyaku by itself can be. You can also try to tech a throw if its what hes better with.

[*]DO NOT GET CAUGHT IN TENSHIN IF HE HAS SUPER OR ULTRA STOCKED.Tenshin has a long startup but used just right, it becomes extremely deadly. EX Tenshin or regular can be used as an anti crossup. It can be used as a cross up. It could be used in a jump in. It’s fast enough to pull right after a forward dash (comes out so quick and smooth, you won’t realize he just stuck his leg out until it’s too late). Bottom line, Tenshin is used sparingly and not often enough to where you can keep your eyes out for it.

[*]his cr.MP xx Super is a guarenteed combo off of Tenshin, and EX tenshin guarentees Ultra Combo. Not sure about comboing Ultra after EX Tenshin. Ultra has a 10 frame startup with EX Tenshin only leaving a 7 frame opening on hit. The only way the Ultra will connect after a Tenshin is if Fei pulls a HP xx Flame kick > FADC > CW > Ultra (3 hit only).

[*]HK Chicken Wing can be dashed under for a punish, cr.HP will work just fine. Chicken wing will also go over sonic booms so use LP SB accordingly. his EX CW will catch you on LP SB recovery though.
CW in general has weird properties. Sometimes it’ll cross up if you try to dash under and could net you eating a HP xx Flame kick or a linked Rekka combo. Plus if you’re close enough to dash under cleanly, then you’re going to be too far with no charge to punish afterwards. Don’t even think about jumping in right after dashing under it. You’re exacty at the perfect jump range to land into a Flame kick.

[*]Rekkas will chip you for major dmg in the long run. Dont be baited into SB after a whiffed Rekka, most likely he was using LP version and your going to eat a deficit in blocked chip damage.
lp version rekka is usually used at max range just to zone you out. That’s Fei’s optimal range. Anything you throw within that range, Fei has an answer for and an cause the most damage. Best to stay out of the max lp rekka range.

[*]His anti-air s.HP is the same as yours, watch it. (They will usually use SK though, its easier and has more invincibility frames)

[*]one of his taunts that lays down on the floor will dodge your EX SB at fullscreen, as well as HP Sonic boom around 2/3 screen. LP Sonic boom will catch him as he gets up.
[/list]

Gen

[List]
[]Use s.hp as AA instead of c.hp
[
]S.mk is a good AA at a distance for his low arc jumps, it needs to hit deep into his body and not his limbs.
[*]s.hp will punish most of his walldives on block.
[/List]

Gouken

[list]
[*]Careful jumping his straight fireball at range, it means you are eating an angled fireball in the air. If he lets a charged fireball off, jump it don’t SB back. If you see him EX fireball, SB if it isn’t charged. If it is charged, block don’t jump. I made this mistake twice =(

[*] His dash palms go through SB. If you notice them doing this often, bait it out with lp.SB and punish accordingly.

[*] If you are able to jump-in on him, EMPTY jump. Nothing more embarassing than working your way in and being caught by his parry-counter bringing you back to square one. Empty jump-in > throw is your best bet. After a couple of these, mix it up with combos and make them really panic.

[*] When Gouken has Ultra, careful with the your use of SB, because his EX dash palm pops you up on second hit leaving you open for his Ultra [ I think I even got hurricane kick exc ultra’d in one match, not sure ]. Careful when you are in throw range, also. Be ready to tech, because his back throw means free Ultra.

[*]Treat his Demon Flip like Akuma’s. I think they are practically identical except one of his variations absorbs and attack.

[*]Don’t use the usual wake up SB, his counter parry eats your face.
[/list]

Guile

[LIST]
[]You should know the range that he can backfist you at and the range he can fierce you at.
[
]You should know that you can punish the double sweep with an EX flashkick or at least a lvl 1 FA backdash.
[]You should know how to block the target combo.
[
]You should know that you can punish the target combo inbetween the c.mk and the overhead with a flashkick or lvl 1 FA… maybe even c.mp xx boom.
[]You should know that j.lk owns guile hard on wakeup due flashkick not being good for x-up defense.
[
]You should know to not jump in unless you are sure of it.
[/LIST]

Ken

[LIST]
[]Really good Ken’s will be jumping when youre knocked down and do ambiguous crossup landings (ala 3S Ken) or ambiguous crossups with jump in shorts OR they will cross you up with an EX HK and link to an Ultra if one is ready at hand.Dont get lazy on the block, or it will cost you the match. Play your zone game and try to avoid having Ken get in with his --> + forward kick, if anticipated , backward sobat will beat this cleanly,if this connects, do a lunge roundhouse or a back fierce to get his guard up and to get you to throw a SB and let your game roll into place. Mix it up with a good long distance SB/FB fight and force him to jump.You will win this projectile fight. Piss him off by sobating backwards then throwing EX SB’s that will usually nick Ken or go thru his FB’s and get some damage off of him. Be comfortable of just sitting full screen away and fighting this match.
[
]f.mk can be reversal lk. super’d
[/LIST]

Rose
[list]
[*]Watch out for her slide, it goes under booms and she will use it to slide under your jump for a throw (much like Sim)
[/list]

Rufus
[LIST]
[]neutral jump on his wakeup and airthrow ex messiah.
[
]Divekicks are beaten or trade with flash (same goes for Cammy’s cannon strike).
[]Divekicks from too high a height are good for throwing.
[
]If you go air to air with Rufus, MK is good for stopping the potential air HK x Ultra dead
[]Punish EX messiah with fk before any of his follow ups.
[
]If he is divekicking from a far range to go over a sonic boom, punish with turn punch.
[/LIST]

Ryu

[LIST]
[]Tatsu goes over SB, punish with EX fk or c.hp (if they are pass you, you can also do just regular fk)
[
]you can exFK through fireballs. You can exFK though cr.mk>fireball at far distances. I don’t know if you can do this at closer ranges (never tried).
[]f.FP before fireballs, and after (if you cancel their fb with a SB)
[
]sobat isn’t so bad either. It can hit before the fireball, and it can beat out cr.mk
[/LIST]

Sagat

[LIST]
[]patience is the key…match his high Tiger shots with your SB’s and jump straight up over the low ones…always know you will never win this fight, but you can dodge and weave thru the bullets to get right into the meat of the fight
[
]stay out of the tiger knee range when it can barely nick you, as sagat is safe after this
[]EX Flash kick all low tiger shot attempts or any kind of shit Sagat does that you see on the ground. low tiger shot can be hit just outside half screen i believe (http://www.getyourtournament.com/mul...h-round-2.html in the start of the 2nd round i flash kick to punish dash’s low tiger shot attempt.)
[
]Get Sagat in the corner and just rush his ass. Attack but then leave a gap that can bait a TU or a TK. You must have a sweep or low short/low jab/high jab link into back fierce or a Flash Kick(I try not to do the towards throw because its such a fucking momentum loser…takes forever to finish) always ready on reaction to Sagat.Make the Sagat player turtle up and be scared and attack like crazy.Stand back +fierce at max range vs Sagat in this match is really good.
[]when you get a considerable lead you can either turtle or continue to attack
[
]if you run away and turtle, use your ex SB’s and make Sagat land on them if he feels like jumping towards you. Mix it up with low fierce or focus attack and if you get the stun counter, dash in and low strong into flash kick
[/LIST]

Sakura
[list]
[]traditionally zone her at distance
[
]ex. tatsu can lead to [ambiguous] resets, FK FADC if you have the meter
[/list]

Seth
[list]
[]s.hp or airthrow to stop his wall jump (higher chance of a successful airthrow if you can anticipate his wall jump and get into the air before he goes to the wall)
[
]b.hp against his teleport (make sure you are facing the right way because turn punch will get punished)
[*]long range boom war is usually a setup for his ultra (jumping over booms is also an ultra setup)
[/list]
Zangief

[list]
[] use sb to set everything up, if he lariats, sweep. If he jumps, typical AA options.
[
] green hand, of any strength, can be punished on block with reversal c.mp xx flashkick (or throw, useful to get out of corner).
[] ex green hand can be punished with reversal ultra on block
[
] if you get SPD’d, having the meter for a wakeup flashkick FADC back is gold. It’s a great way to reset the match after he lands an SPD.
[/list]

Credit for all the content includes but definitely not limited to (in no particular order): Gilley, Fuson aka MtSacKid, Slinkun, Syngin, Blitz (shameless self promotion), amiGNanjou, Goukisan, ‘SuprioR’-TCH, a falling mango, stryhf, Hoppa, karlo.medallo, nemesys_syndrome, PeterTheBohemia, MooFX

If you want your name added to the credit list, pm me and I’ll add you.

Reserving in case it overflows part 2

c.lp, s.lp, c.mp, s.mp, s.hp all beat the horizontal ball and the ex horizontal ball. Best ones to use (due to timing are): c.lp and c.mp. EX timing is ugly.

Throw beats out all rush punches unless he’s landing it at maximum range (just getting you with his glove).
mk.super punishes blocked lp.rp (rush punch) and can juggle into ultra.
(both courtesy of Gilley)

On that note, do you want this kind of information posted here or in the General Match-up thread?

Thanks syngin, I’ve made the updates. Please post in here because the mods are going to sticky this and close the old thread.

Vega backflip is a free stepkick in close, if vega ever jumps at you from range or even wall dives in your direction, jump back air MK will lock out alot of his stuff

if boxer jumps over a slow boom and you cr.hp, his air HK beats it pretty clean. I find hitting the air HK with far st.HP is a better option but I think (?) this loses to boxer’s fwd jump air HP if they get wise, I’ll have to test it later. If boxer headbutts a sb and whiffs on you a good HP or at range backfist keeps him honest.

On Rufus for shits you can neutral jump on his wakeup and airthrow ex messiah. Divekicks are beaten or trade with flash (same goes for Cammy’s cannon strike). Divekicks from too high a height are good for throwing. If you go air to air with Rufus, MK is good for stopping the potential air HK x Ultra dead. I think messiah is a free revesal fk on block but I would have to test.

In general I feel air to air mk/mp is underused, especially in the rufus/dictator matchups.

I’ve added some of your suggestions, let us know the results of your testing and I’ll add the results.

Guile thread of the year

You can reversal super a blocked messiah kick

thanks for the consol-ed info! just what the doc ordered!

I started to do something like this for myself but this is gooood shit, thanks so much! :lovin:

Something I said in another thread: “Also, why all the thread cops? People on a power trip, but for good reason. Helps consolidate all the info. into one thread. It’d be even better if someone consolidated all the info into one post, but that’s a lot of work.

Good job man. You just made up for all the stupid '09 members out there.

BlitzJS, much props for compiling this!

I’ll fuck with the rog shit tonight, I’m just nowhere near my 360. A few Viper things though, on her wakeup she can use ex flamekick to blow through a meaty boom and tag you so be wary. crossup lk however eats up ex flamekick and air resets her. LP knuckle goes under booms but if she is autopiloting knuckles you can tag the thing with a cr.mk in startup if you are mixing up. If she makes the mistake of whiffing the knuckle just barely in front of you, punch her in the mouth.

you can also air throw the first part of ex flamekick from the top, where she is rolled into a ball. She just kind of teleports into your arms. Also Focus flame kick mixup or meet her in the air and throw her as your would a bison head stomp. I swear her air HK though kills air throw so don’t be a smartass about it. Once she gets you in the corner it’ll be a guessing game because she has a solid ground poke game, a decent overhead, and a dp. One option is to go for the crossup jump, another is to turtle it out and reaction flash the overhead. But I suckkkkkk

and it’s extremely demoralizing. I did that on a whim, not really expecting it to work and the dude was so shocked he didn’t do another one the rest of the match

is this ex or normal, and is it after the initial arc but before followups?

edit: joke question, who normal messiah kicks

Major props to you Blitz. I was jealous of other forums for having this kind of thread.

I’m keeping in mind those Blanka and Sagat tips for when I go to the arcade today (Chinatown).

Is there really no way to counter Blanka’s crossup that isn’t a gamble? I feel helpless in that situation unless I get off an Air Throw

The tip I found most useful for repeated crossup attempts, meaning you aren’t knocked down between attempts, is a neutral jump air throw (credit to syngin)

phat thread. nice, dude!!

Mad props blitz. You did an awesome job at compiling this info. I would suggest to add a credit reel to give due credit to those who put much awesome work into the old thread, like syngin and gilley.

Here’s some additions as well.

~Ken’s f.mk can be reversal lk. super’d. (Aside, I did this after gilley mentioned it that one day… it feels awesome!)
~Zangief’s green hand, of any strength, can be punished on block with reversal c.mp xx flashkick. Looking at frame data, I saw that you should be able to punish EX green hand with a reversal ultra on block. Tested and proven. It’s also worth mentioning that df.rh is decent in this fight. If you get SPD’d, having the meter for a wakeup flashkick FADC back is gold. It’s a great way to reset the match after he lands an SPD.

No C.Viper inputs here? I consider that to be one of guile’s harder matches, so it would be nice to compile a bit of info. It’s really overall just plain hard. If I had to insert some tips, here’s what I’d say…

• EX flashkick or Ultra any Seismo > sjc > burning kick attempts. WARNING Do your best to confirm it first. A good viper can bait your attempt, causing you to whiff, wasting meter and eating BIG damage.
  • Knock her out of the air every chance you get. Her jumping attacks don’t have incredible priority, so most can be easily air thrown, j.hp, j.hk, or flashkicked. She can alter her air trajectory very easily though, which makes this task MUCH easier said than done. Regardless, this is important because her up close game is superior to guile’s.
  • Faster the boom, the better. This applies mainly to mid-max screen’s distance. Jab boom at this range is much worse than fierce or EX. A jab boom will leave you open for a seismo hit, and she will recover before the boom even reaches her. If you try to follow the jab boom as a shield, she can simply lp thunder knuckle under it. However, if she reacts to an EX boom with seismo, the boom will hit her in startup.
  • Be patient with her pressure. You **can not **scrub mash out a shoryu. You can not EX messiah. When she’s up close forcing you to block thunder knuckle strings, many times shes too far to FADC a flashkick. So, be patient. Block through the thunder knuckles. Try to block her overhead on reaction. Tech throws. Wait for your clear opening instead of trying to make your own half-assed opening.

Anyone else have viper tips? Again to reiterate, mad props blitz, thanks for doing this.

Edit: Just skimmed over goukisan’s post. Didn’t see it the first time. More good info.