Here’s the gist of T.Akiba’s Guile vs. Claw writeup.
Guile 3-7 Vega
- Sliding is annoying
- No air defense when he jumps a sonic [from close]
- Difficult to okiseme
Pinned in the corner
- Use flash kick vs. chip damage attempt [rolling claw]
- Gamble flash kick vs. Izuna/Barcelona
- When you predict a wall dive fake out, fierce sonic
Anti Slide Kick
Unless he’s right on top of you there’s no good way to stop the slide kick.
Gamble flash kick misses. Sonic trades unfavorably. Towards+medium kick sometimes works but you have to predict and Guile’s down on a trade.
[Far standing roundhouse works here and there, too.]
Keeping quiet and blocking is safest. At least it doesn’t do chip damage.
Also, after a blocked slide, sonic is not recommended. You’ll eat crouching strong. If he gets predictable with blocked slide -> crouching strong you can flash kick but don’t get carried away.
Bad range for Vega
Get into a more favorable position with jab sonics. Some breathing room. [half screen ish]
- Counter the jump in with crouching roundhouse.
- If he vertical jumps the sonic, use crouching forward. (Try to meet him in the air [w/ jump roundhouse or whatever] and you’ll eat his vertical jab)
- If he blocks it, move back with back+medium kick and throw the next sonic.
[not explicit but I think this is all about ticks]
- Very difficult to time safe jump in vs. Vega.
- Doesn’t mean much since he’s got standing flip kick.
- If he backflips you can’t throw him.
- Even when you do get the throw he’ll tech hit.
Risk reward stinks.
Ultimately, a blocked jab sonic might be best.
[fuck that, jump in and try to tick. Cross up short -> crouching jab -> throw
Or just crouching short x2 -> throw]