Happ Perfect 360: Low budget fix for grinding and squeaks

Hey guys,

If any of you still play on Happ Perfect 360 controls for games like MvC2, this may interest you. Some of you children out there have probably never seen this stick, but don’t worry I’m a school you real quick.

A lot of you know that the Happ P360 sticks are a crap shoot. Lots of variables can affect the quality of these things. Some are garbage, while others play silky smooth. The ones that are nice are highly coveted. Well, if you have a P360 that grinds and squeaks, I may have a really cheap solution for you. A long time a go there was a guy who commissioned special washers made out of some NASA grade material. I missed out on that, but I came up with something else. IMO the problem with the stick comes from the hard spring grinding against the top of the hub assembly. As you play on the stick, the hard spring rotates, grinding the plastic. These are not the most refined parts ever produced, which is why the quality and feel of these sticks can be so random. However, this is my low budget fix for those of you who have a nasty P360 that grinds.

1. Acquire a half liter water bottle. Cut a hole in the cap.
  1. Keep trimming the cap until it fits over the shaft hole of the assembly hub.
  1. Now you can simply jam the hard spring into the cap. Be sure the spring is able to rotate freely, if it doesn’t, trim your bottle cap some more.
  1. Assemble your stick, and the grinding will be gone. MvC2 for life.

Disclaimer:
I know masters like Kowal have some kind of fix for actuators that are too wide, which could also cause some grinding/squeaking, along with inaccurate diagonal inputs. I myself have never had that issue. My low budget fix is for a problem that I have experienced frequently, and so far it works.

Absolute Question and Answer Thread (ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

Nice guide, I was going to say just not buy Happs but your solution works too.
I wonder if your results are reproducible for every Happ perfect 360 owner as now every Happ Perfect 360 are slightly different due to inconsistent manufacturing processes.

<blockquote class=“Quote” rel=“Darksakul”>Nice guide, I was going to say just not buy Happs but your solution works too.
I wonder if your results are reproducible for every Happ perfect 360 owner as now every Happ Perfect 360 are slightly different due to inconsistent manufacturing processes.</blockquote>

From what I have noticed, the hub assembly seems to be fairly consistent in design so it should work across all models. I mean just look at the spring in my pic, and you can see how sharp it is, no wonder it catches onto the plastic.

As far as not buying the Happ Perfect 360, it is a love/hate thing for me. Happ is essentially done with this stick, and finding old Wico/Happ P360’s is a hassle. Those of us to still use these are the last of a dying breed. I know that the Happ optical sticks are more common and instead of junking them, this low budget fix is worth trying.

nice temp fix!

That’s a Wico base!

MAS SYSTEMS POR VIDA.

Yo but for real, glad this helped 3 people. We in this.