Happy Birthday Super Mario

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2010/sep/13/games-gameculture
Super Mario Bros Turn 25 Today: Listen To 10 Different Renditions Of The Theme Song Mario turns 25 today, happy birthday Mario.

you gotta love that magic mushroom eating mustachioed plumber! :stuck_out_tongue:

guess nobody cares about mario anymore. Which is sad, cause games like MW2 and Halo, and WoW are fucking lame

I care definitely since games in general would be different if not for this guy lol. There’s a little commemorative video for his 25 years on gamespot that runs through his games. And Nintendo is actually releasing a collector’s all-star gameover in japan for the Wii. He was there when I first started gaming and so I can’t not give props to something that’s been that influential to me as a gamer.

• the 25th Anniversary package == I want. I can’t even believe it has been that long.

The world needs a Super Mario Day, it’ll basically be like a holiday except shrooms are legalized everywhere and we have festivals down main streets in every city.

Oh and huge statues of Mario of course.

I call bullshit. Mario debuted in Donkey Kong back in 1981.

I was 2 months old with The Super Mario Bros. came out. 5 years later and it was the first game I owned. It’s still as fun to play today as when I got it 20 years ago.

Nobody cares about Mario? Give somebody Mario Galaxy or Galaxy 2 and I think they will differ.

Mario has had a tremendous impact on video games.

mario gets older and older, and his console owners are getting younger and younger