Hardfought: TiT... is dead

The TiT series of tournaments have been a mainstay in the fighting game community for the past 7 years, reaching close to 1000 gamers from all over the world. But as all things have a beginning, they too have an ending, and this year marks the ending of this great event as we know it…

As such, we are taking time this summer to say farewell to the series, and we intend to do so with a (flash)bang!! We are teaming up with the Hardfought online gaming community to run a LAN party and console/arcade fighting game tournament fitting of the TiT series. This event is to take place July 7th - 9th, and it will be run at The Guildhall at SMU, the premier education and training center for digital game development.

This event will include 2 rooms of tournament gaming, a casual gaming room, a PC room with a 36 hour LAN party and a lounge where people can hang out and chill after some stressful tournament matches, who have been up all night playing WoW or BF2, or for friends and spectators who just want to get away from the tourney crowd and relax in a social setting.

The National Video Game Association (www.nvgaonline.com), DFW Games (www.dfwgames.com), and the Hardfought online gaming community (www.hardfought.org) present:

Hardfought: TiT… is dead.

Date
July 7th - 9th, 2006

LocationThe Guildhall @ SMU
5232 Tennyson Parkway, Building 2
Plano, TX 75024
(http://guildhall.smu.edu)

Games List

3D Games
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection ($15; $20 if you dont pre-reg)
Tekken 5.0 ($15)*
Soul Calibur 3 ($10)
Dead or Alive 4 ($10)*

2D Games
Marvel vs Capcom 2 ($10)*
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike ($10)*
Guilty Gear XX Slash ($10)

PC Games
Counterstrike (I will get confirmation on which version)
Battlefield 2

Note: They are open to suggestions for more PC games… head on over to the hardfought.org forums and let them know.

Prizes
All tournaments will pay out 100% of the base entry fee, 70%/20%/10%.

• = As a bonus prize, DFW Games will be sponsoring EVO registration (including up to 3 games) for the winners of this tournament

Schedule

Friday, July 7th
5pm ? 7pm: Setup (@ Guildhall)
8pm ? 2am: Event Kickoff Party and Dark Resurrection Tournament (@ Cybertown)

Saturday, July 8th
8:00am ? 9:00am: Setup
8:00am ? 12:00pm: Registration and Bracket setup
9:00am: PC/LAN Room opens

12:00pm ? 10:00pm: Console Tournaments

Console Room 1
12:00pm: Tekken 5.0 Starts
1:00pm: DOA4 Starts
4:00pm - 5:00pm: Soul Calibur 3 Starts (Depending on the status of 5.0)

Console Room 2
1:00pm: 3rd Strike Starts
2:00pm: Marvel v Capcom 2 starts
4:00pm - 5pm: GGXX: Slash starts (Depending on the status of 3S)

10:00pm ? 11:00pm: Console Room Cleanup and Exit

Sunday, July 9th
5pm ? 6pm: PC/LAN Room Shutdown and Exit

THE PARTY!!!1!
What better way to kickoff a weekend like this than with a party! On Friday July 7th, DFW Games in association w/ Cybertown Pizza will be hosting an event Kickoff party. This party will include:[LIST]
[] A Dark Resurrection Tournament with 3 cabinets
[
] Food and drinks (even the 21 and over kind :cool: )
[/LIST]
Registration
Pre-Registration: $12*
On-Site Registration: $15*
Guildhall Students/Alumni: $5* (Will register @ the door)
Spectator Pass: $5 (Can’t play in LAN or Console Rooms; but still includes access to lounge; Will register @ the door)

• = Registration includes access to the LAN room, so if you have a computer and you want to get down on some PC gaming you are welcome to do that. While, Registration does NOT include registration for any tournaments, you do get a $5 discount for Dark Resurrection if you pre-register.

Registration Discounts

Equipment

Every year we have equipment needs, and as always ask for (and appreciate) help from the community. The discounts for people who bring equipment is as follows:

A Console: $3 off registration
A TV: $5 off registration
A Complete Station (TV/Console/Copy of tournament game): $10 off registration

Note that this depends on the equipment needs that we have. When you pre-register include the equipment you can bring in the comments section, we will review our needs and contact people to notify them that we will use their stuff and reimburse them at the door on the day of the event.

“Bring a Spectator” Discount

Any regularly registered person who brings at least 1 spectator will receive a $5 discount. So fellas bring your girls (and tell your girls to bring their friends :cool:… do it for the good of the community)… Also, if any one has any friends who just wanna watch and hang out… Let them know that they can get in at a reduced price.

To pre-register, head over to www.hardfought.org and click the HF Lan #7 signup link in the left frame (it’s in yellow, you can’t miss it).

Or you can just click here: http://www.hardfought.org/signup/index.php

Housing/Travel

Housing/Travel thread now up. Request housing/hotel info here:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum…;threadid=92167

• I.C.E.

Man this is sad…my boy Ryan Abella(jra64) aint gonna be too happy to hear about this…=(

Sounds like a blast.

damn no more TiT… i guess i better come up to d-town for this.

bump

More info coming soon :tup:

• I.C.E.

Exactly 2 months away… I think we’re due for an update :smile:

The first post has been updated… but here is the synopsis:

• Games List announced

• Prizes announced

• Kickoff party for Friday July 7th announced

• I.C.E.

P.S. Oh yeah, by the way… we will be having a DR tournament (3 cabinets) :cool:

P.P.S. Mods: Is there any way we could get this stickied?

Housing/Travel thread now up. Request housing/hotel info here:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forum…;threadid=92167

• I.C.E.

:::BUMP:::

New hotel info added.

http://tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=92167

• I.C.E.

what do you mean by evo registration?

We will pay your general registration fee plus registration for up to 3 tournament games @ the championships in vegas.

• I.C.E.

hey ICE, somehow I can’t link to the hotel information on Tekken Zaibatsu.

Edit: Ok nevermind I finally got to the hotel info.

ICE is DR going to have PS2 ports?

Yes… all three cabs…

• I.C.E.

P.S. 1st post updated w/ info on the PC games

i will definately be there

bump

are the 2d games all going to be held on one day?

bump

Yes… All console tourneys will be on saturday…

• I.C.E.

Nearly a week away, getting pretty amped. I have a few questions though.

What time do we need to show up on Saturday? The only game my friends and I are going for is 3rd Strike. Also, a question about 3rd strike, all of my friends play pad and map punch3 and kick3 to L1,L2. Is that allowed in this tournament? I know evo allows it now but I couldn’t find anything about it on this one.

Thank you for your time.

tit is just around the corner

Hey!

i wonder if any guilty gear players will actually be there? its primarily a 3d event?