Have 1 ChImped TE, 1 unmodded TE, and 1 ChImp board. Now, I want some Wii support

So basically, I’ve already ChImped one of my sticks, have another unmodded stick and a ChImp board. I’ve recently had a change of heart and want to get some Wii support going on (for both sticks).

I’ve been thinking about either getting a PiiWee board or just getting an MC Cthulhu. Ideally, I don’t want my ChImp and hard work (it was my first mod) to go to waste, but I’ll do what I have to do.

What do you guys think?

Personally, I’d go the MC Cthulhu route, so that you can add RJ45 + PS2/GC/Whatever you need

But I believe the PiiWee is supported on more wii games (as its a wii controller, not a GC one), so its basically whichever you value more.
More consoles, or better wii compatability.

Well it’s not so much which I value more so much as what actually works.

I have no idea how to wire up a ChImp and a PiiWee board together. I’d like to try it out but I have no idea as I have seen like 0 guides on it.

The MC Cthulhu route seems like a good idea as well, but figuring out the RJ45 jack mod is quite intimidating. Plus I lack the tools to actually drill a hole for the RJ45 jack.

I just checked out: http://shoryuken.com/f177/rj-45-tutorial-ver-2-updated-new-console-pinouts-231734/

I know I need to get a hole saw now. Does anyone know how much these are? If they’re not too expensive, I might give this a chance.

Well it’s not so much which I value more so much as what actually works.

I have no idea how to wire up a ChImp and a PiiWee board together. I’d like to try it out but I have no idea as I have seen like 0 guides on it.

The MC Cthulhu route seems like a good idea as well, but figuring out the RJ45 jack mod is quite intimidating. Plus I lack the tools to actually drill a hole for the RJ45 jack.

I just checked out: http://shoryuken.com/f177/rj-45-tutorial-ver-2-updated-new-console-pinouts-231734/

I know I need to get a hole saw now. Does anyone know how much these are? If they’re not too expensive, I might give this a chance.

Well you just wire up like how you did your Dual Mod.

Connect Ground to Ground.
Connect VCC to VCC.

Connect Directionals to Directionals.
Connect Buttons to Buttons.

Then just attach a Wii Cable to the PiiWee.

My Friend just wired up the Paewang + PiiWee via RJ45 for me. Once I can test out the PeeWii side and everything is working, I’ll post some pics and a quick Tuturial on how to do it.

I didn’t know you be doing today.
That was quick.
Laugh.

Well that’s a different guy (if you thought that was me that was doing it).

Well I guess I know how solder up the PiiWee now. Does it matter which board I solder it to? (can I solder the ground, VCC, directions, and buttons from the ChImp?) Or do I have to solder from the 360 pcb again?

I know.
He Private Messaged me four hours ago.

And you can solder from any PCB.
Since the ChImp and Xbox 360 PCB already connected.
Just choose which PCB you want to start to be connect to PiiWee.

You might want to check out this tutorial.
http://shoryuken.com/f177/rj-45-mc-cthulhu-imp-xbox-360-dual-mod-tutorial-diagram-225565/
You don’t “have” to drill a 24 mm hole. I just updated the tutorial for an alternative solution so you don’t have to drill.

I plugged in the Paewang(RJ45>USB connection) to my PC (WIN 7) and it recognized it immediately as a 360 controller which is a good sign right? So that should be a good sign that the Peewii will work… Tonight I’ll be wiring everythign up and hopefully get my first game in with my new stick!!

YAY! Congratulations.