Heads Up SRK About Asus

Don’t buy anything from them.

There’s a good chance that if you order a laptop from them that it’s broken and they don’t have real support in the US. I thought the reviews were worse than the truth but it is that bad.

Specs appear amazing for the price but the quality and assembly of the laptop is pure trash. I rate Asus far below Dell tier with which I have over a decade of experience.

Asus bashing thread GO!

That’s too bad that you had that experience with Asus. I’ve owned an A8JP laptop from them and have had great experiences with it. The hinge on my laptop case was faulty. I overnighted the package to them and received it back in 2 days. Didn’t charge me a penny.

What did you buy? You sure it was Asus and not Acer? Most the of the products and hardware i’ve bought from them have been of good quality.

Even the highest end of Dells are trash.

seriously?
Asus mobos rock
their DOA percentage is about the same as any other big manufacturer.
Just make sure u buy from newegg
great return polciy

Last time I had a problem, asus has great customer service.

I like my ASUS dvd burner…or do I?

I’m thinking he means Acer… Naturally, the word association game makes me think Asus, because I’ve had success with them. Acer sounds like Asus, so I’m thinking it would be easy to confuse the two. I’ve never had problems with Asus.

Acer seems too good to be true.

I’m typing this post on an Asus laptop.

OP is making a mountain out of a molehill, IMO.

my first asus product was a p2bf mobo and ever since i’ve been in love. i’ve had problems with 2 boards out of the many systems i’ve built with their boards and both were replaced asap.

I’m typing this on a Asus G50 laptop right now, which has been solid for the year I’ve had it.

I’ve heard some nasty things about the US tech support, however the Canadian one in Markham was really good. When I had to keep bringing back my old G1S because of the shitty 8600m gt graphics card, they just replaced it with this G50, which turned out pretty well.

Asus generally has better if not the best quality control of the Taiwan OEMs, but I’m sure it’s possible to get a lemon, u just have to be pretty unlucky. Asus also manufactures several products for Apple, HP, NEC, Dell, etc. So when you say don’t buy anything from Asus…

Even with ACERs I haven’t had problems.

And I have heard nothing but good things about Asus as well.

Anyone here using an Asus router? I’m thinking about picking one up for a decent DD-WRT router, but haven’t heard much on their routers. On par with the rest of their products? Better? Worse?

ASUS = Win.
ACER = Quite possibly the worst thing you could spend money on.

Methinks the OP has the two confused.

I have an Asus P5k Premium motherboard in my desktop that I built two years ago, and I could not be more satisfied with the purchase. The motherboard had a ton of features for its price and the quality was rock solid… I have not had any problems at all with it since I bought it two years ago

Asus products are mostly okay (they are mostly known for their mobo’s which are the best IMO)

Asus tech support though is… difficult. Being a foreign company, in order to do serious work on, say, an eee pc, they have to ship it far, and if they don’t have space at a US facility, they might have to ship it across borders, which bumps up the cost of tech support.

I used plenty of both Asus and Acer products (monitors, laptops, and desktops), never had a problem with either.

My old desktop has an ASUS A8N-SLI mobo and has worked solid for 5 years now. And my new monitor is an ASUS 236H which was incredibly cheap and looks fucking awesome.

Never tried Acer though.

ASUS mobo
ASUS monitor

s’all good so far…

my acer laptop takes a beating daily through the streets of nyc… aside from a few dead pixels the things built quite well

as far as asus… I dont think their motherboards are too bad but I switched over to gigabyte some years ago and never looked back.