Help/Advice for my new Madcatz TTT2 Wii U stick - we got issues

Is it possible to just keep it a Wii/PS3/PC stick and just forgo all that messy business by dropping 360 support? I was under the impression that for PS3 support alone you just need to attach the wires to the screw-in connections and that it was a solder-less mod. Thanks!

EDIT just watched a video on installing a PS360+ PCB in a 360 TE. Seems like maybe I should just go with that PCB instead. I’m still not sure how I would retain Wii functionality and apparently I would need to drill a rather large hole in the side of the case for the USB cord since the Wii stick obviously has none to begin with. The whole thing is very intimidating, I do lack the tools and I don’t know about paying a modder + the cost of parts… seems like I might as well buy yet another stick at that point.

I can live with just ABXY for TvC, it’s easy enough to adapt to. But I’m pretty gutted that the Mayflash adapter doesn’t work. It sure would’ve eased my pain to have a plug n play solution for PS3, especially since I think I prefer the heft, build and Noir layout over my PS3 Fightstick Pro. Suddenly feeling like it wasn’t worth the $50 clearance price after all.

Either board is only solderless if you aren’t dual modding (exception being if you’re connecting two screw terminal equipped pcb’s), which you aren’t going to be able to avoid if you want to keep Wii functionality.

The easiest way to connect your Wii and ps3 would be to bypass the existing pcb altogether and connect an rj45 equipped cthulhu, which you could connect to the Wii via game cube controller port- although you would not get 360 support this way, you would still have to solder a Cat-5 cable to the cthulhu, and you would still need to drill a 24mm hole for a pass through port.

You could also use a ps2/ps3 zd encoder to add ps3 at a lower cost (20) using the same splicing method, but it would be slightly more difficult.

The stick and buttons alone are worth $50, much less when you consider that you got a really good TE case and a Wii pcb also. Dig around here and slagcoin, you’ll start to see the possibilities. The method I used is actually really easy and beginner friendly, you can do it. Plenty of help here if you need it.

Regrettably, the Wii U has no Gamecube ports. I really want to make this stick work on both Wii, Wii U and at least PS3PC. I bought it because it had Wii functionality but it’s wasted as a Wii/U-only stick. If I had just wanted another PS3 stick I would have bought one. I would have loved to just use the darn adapter as planned.

How viable would it be to just swap the TTT2 pcb with an original classic controller PCB? I know the CC PCB is compatible 100% with the adapter.

Well that kind of sucks. @Markman, can you shed some light on this issue? It seems the TTT2 may have some compatibility issue with TvC. I’ll try to test mine on a Wii asap.

Dual modding with the cthulhu or PS360 would be much easier, you’d have to pad hack the cc to use its pcb (meaning lots of soldering).

Adapters usually suck for one reason or another, particularly for fighters. If you learn how to build/mod now, you’ll be able to use the skills in the future for repairs and new systems (using the same case, if you so choose).

It’s a real disappointment. My new TTT2 stick is much better than my old TvC stick but I’m forced to use a button layout I’m not as fond of. TvC is certainly my most-played Wii fighter and I prefer an arc layout using what would be BYXR on the TTT2 stick. Because R isn’t recognized by TvC I have to shift Partner to A. Not the worst thing ever but I expected full compatiability and had no reason to believe otherwise based on my research online before buying. And I don’t even know if other games won’t detect R and L either, although the others I have tested do. Eventually planning to test KOF Collection.

As far as compatibility with the Mayflash adapter, I understand Madcatz has no responsibility there. That’s honestly my biggest disappointment, though, since now my stick is turning into a big project that will cost more money.

I just assumed a classic controller was a classic controller, especially considering the Madcatz TvC stick works fine.

Dude. Just rewire the buttons that you want to where you need them. That should solve your problem.

This. Or if you really can’t stand the thought of changing any wiring (which is as easy swapping a couple of quick disconnects), put the stick and buttons in your TvC stick (real Sanwa parts are way better than mad catz knockoffs), then sell the shell in the trading outlet here- I’d pretty much guarantee you can find a buyer.

I’m always in the market for a cheap TE shell. I would scoop it if the price was right. I think the OP really likes the TE case though.

These were two of the 1st things I considered. I’d like to keep the TvC stick though, I wanted 2 sticks for the Wii. Switching button wires won’t work for TvC because TvC doesn’t even have zL and zR as options in the controller configuration. I don’t think it detects them by default. Also, switching button wires doesn’t change the fact that the stick doesn’t work with the USB adapter at all. Thanks though!

EDIT and yes, I love the TE case haha

He meant you could move ABXY match your ideal TvC configuration- the game only uses 4 buttons anyways.

Well, shit. LoL. The only game I use a stick with on the Wii is TvC.

Neo geo VC, Neo compilations, and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core are great too, albeit not exclusive like TvC.

Hmm, didn’t consider that. That would work great for TvC but all those VC games don’t let you configure buttons. So, for example, (Insert Attack) would be at the end of the arc in KoF '98. And I’m not sure how that would wonk-up other VC games I play.

I have both of the Last Blade games on VC, they have button configuration options- though they’re limited to the CC’s face buttons (since Neo was 4 button). Do the other Neo games not have that feature? I actually prefer playing most Neo games (KoF/Garou aside) on a 4 button top row setup, particularly on a Noir configuration.

Anyways, the easiest solution would be to simply get used to using ABXY for TvC.

Yup. But I want that PS3 mod. I’ll look into it. Thanks!

Might be worthwhile to check the “Need a modder in your area?” thread, you may have someone local who will do the work at a decent price. In the unlikely chance that you’re around Columbus, OH, I could help you with it.

Indianapolis, but thanks! I’m sure I can make it work. It’ll be a fun project. I would be greatful for any tips, though!

This thread is a great resource on dual modding: Dual modding 101

I also found this video set very helpful: Madcatz Fightstick Dual Mod Tutorial pt1: http://youtu.be/aTyyxRGYdV0

It’s kinda weird that the R/L buttons don’t work with TvC with the Wii-U TE, but work with VC and other games.
The original TvC stick had R/L buttons and I believe they worked just fine.

I do suspect the root cause of this issue stems from the fact that the Classic Controller R/L buttons had 2 functions: the analog depressing, and the tactile “click” at the end of it (like with GameCube controllers’ R/L buttons).

I suspect that TvC only registers an input on one of the two (either the analog portion, or the click), and that the Wii-U TE only provides the signal for the other type.
That’s why other games, which probably register inputs on either signal, will still work with those buttons on the stick, but TvC will not.