HELP: Axisdapter to "HOME" button?

yes that is the guy, i was trying to contact him through youtube. i didn’t know he was a member, i am going to look over the thread. thank you

That is what I linked to.

yes that was it, thanks a bunch. that has been driving me crazy for a while now >_<

Better spot to solder for Home is here.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8628/tut3z.jpg

So would not have to remove the Turbo Panel Cover.
Just flip over and solder.

Doing the other way makes for hard to close the Cover.

that does seem like a better point to solder, but is there a better place to connect for ground to the axisdapter?

also, could you possibly link me to a post of how to dual mod a fightstick with a X-box controller?

Here, you go.

For any further questions check out this thread first.

thank you for the info, i will definitely start using those resources, but for the moment i am still stuck on this topic since i can’t seem to find the answer anywhere. do you know where i would need to solder on for ground from the madcatz PS3 SE pcb board?

Labeled.

the problem is that i soldered the home signal to the pcb (MC cthulu for refference) and tried soldring cables to the GND, USB, and even the button lock ground. i get some signal when i am holding the wire, but when i solder it to a point it no longer shows the buttons responding.

Also, SIXAXIS is not Common Ground.
So you will have to cut the Traces on Mad Catz PCB.

here are the 3 points i have tried so far, i get a reading when i hold the ground from the cthulu to them but when i try to solder and press the button i get no signal?

what do you mean by the threads on the pcb board?

what do you mean by traces?

I thought you are doing SIXAXIS with AXISdapter.
Now you talking Cthulhu.

hahaha i am talking about the axisdapter, but i am using the cthulhu as a reference to see if the wire makes connection before i set everything up with the AXISdapter. sorry for the confusion >_<

If you want to use the Home, there are three wires to solder.
One for Home Signal, one for VCC, one for Ground.
Those three will then go to Cthulhu.

Stop switching around.
Steps are different when using different PCB.

SIXAXIS is not Common Ground.
Cthulhu is Common Ground.
Makes things different.

ohhhhhhhh >_<

you are saying it wasn’t working because i needed the vvc conected while i was trying it out…oh boy, i feel pretty dumb now >_<

let me try it in a minute and i will let you know if that was the problem (which i am sure you already know) haha

sorry, i didn’t know they were different, i didn’t get the manual when i got the cthulhu’s, but the mod this is revolving around is for the AXISdapter. like i said i thought it was the same thing and just wanted to test it out on the cthulhu first.

ok so i have axisdapter/six axis hooked up to my computer and have the ground to the axisdapter hooked up to the GND on the madcatz pcb and still am not getting any signal?

You are not listening to me. :shake:
Follow this for 100% work.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/859/dsc00877pet.jpg

Cut at the red lines.
Solder to where the blue shows.

Red means cutting the Trace.
Use a blade to kill the connection.

For the bottom Trace, you will have to scrape the light green lightly.
This will expose the copper underneath for you to be able to solder wire to.
No problem with the top Trace, because there is a spot to already solder the Signal.

One wire will go to PS on AXISdapter.
Other wire will go to RCOM on AXISdapter.

Remove the VCC and Ground that you did earlier.