Help designing a joystick with Marvel designs

just recently got a joystick 2 months ago ( in June ), but i left for the whole month of july for a big family trip so i’ve only been praticing with it for a little. Coming from a ps2-pad, the converting to stick practice… takes some SERIOUS time to fully get use to! Damn! When i first started out, when trying to dash, a HP would come out often. I couldn’t do tri-jumps, or mag’s rom like on the pad (easily) but i’m slowly starting to to get use to things. Right now, all the timing/execution is known in the mind but putting those skills on a joystick & adapting is going to take some time.

Alright, onto the main question. How would a newbie-designer like myself design a joystick like this? I’ve seen some pretty CRAZY ones out there around SRK (barely any marvel ones though, mostly cvs2/III strike), and I want this one to look crazy!

I got it from MAS systems. It doesn’t have a extra layer of plastic where i can slide pictures underneath (like arcade cabinets. I thought about putting stickers but that wouldn’t make the surface clear cause i’d be feeling lines and eventually it’ll peel off.

Explore InsomniacV
Explore InsomniacV

using these pictures from the site below

http://www.sfgalleries.net/art/mvc2/series1/

I’m thinking about getting a small collage of my main teams on the bottom of the joystick (so they’re big and stick out), and all around would be other characters and the MVC2 Logo.

Storm / Thanos / Ironman
or
Spiral / Cammy / Sentinel

Anybody got any ideas, suggestions, or tips though? It’d be greatly apperciated. Thanks! :smokin:

from the OC! usually play at camelot or cameron’s place AIM: liquidoasisx

You can just use Photoshop or something to make the collage with a logo, then go to Kinko’s and print it out on self-adhesive vinyl. Then rip off the old “art” or put the new one right on top of it.

is self-adhesive vinyl a type of papering or something? is it plastic, hard, and won’t wear out or what?

there is no old art, its just a plain black box as you can tell from the pictures above. which will make things easier right?

kinkos has self adhesive vinyl? last time i went and asked them to print on that and they said they dont carry those.

where should i get adhesive vinyl then? Office depot or Office max? or somethin

bump