Help Installing an LS-32-02 in a Honcam Fightstick

I decided to mod one of these cheap sticks with Sanwa buttons and a Seimitsu LS-32-02. I had no problems taking it apart and prepping it for the new parts, and soldering the wires to the small contacts was not as difficult as I thought it would be.
I had everything wired up, put back together and ready to go. I hooked it up to the PS3, hit the home button and got a connection. The problem is the joystick isn’t working properly. When I move it in any direction it acts like it wants to move but won’t actually move in that direction, almost as if its stuck between opposite directions. I followed the various wiring diagrams I’ve come across on this site, but have had no luck. If anyone here can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s how I currently have it wired:

maybe the pcb is not common ground, or you have not wired it properly

This is a diagram for wiring a Sanwa or Seimitsu Joystick with a pin header.  The diagram takes into account the different color wires for each brand of joysticks. - See this image on Photobucket.

if not, the pcb is not common ground and you have to solder to the pcb and cut traces :C

If the Honcam is common ground, then you only need one ground wire connected to the joystick harness. I don’t know if connecting all the grounds is causing the problem you’re having because I’ve only connected one ground wire to the joystick in situations like these if the PCB is common ground.

Thanks for the help. I figured out the problem. I had the common connected to the directions and vice versa. Just changed the connections and it works great now.