[Help]MADCATZ SF4 TOURNAMENT EDTION ROUND 2 XBOX 360 ARCADE STICK PROBLEM

My joystick won’t register inputs, but the buttons do. I used to be able to unplug and reboot but now my PC hangs on boot screens if shit is plugged into the usb so I can’t plug it before I boot and then it’s the same problem if I plug in after. What can I do?

Best Ultimate Tech Talk Hang Out Loud Edition Season V
[H] SF4 Madcatz TE Round 2 Xbox Stick

Inside the joystick itself replace the SANWA TP-MA PCB ASSEMBLY

How can I be sure that is what the problem is? I don’t wanna buy that if I don’t need it…

Use a multimeter and see if your microswitches on your stick is sending a signal whenever it gets activated. If there’s no power to the switch, PCB problem. If there’s power but it’s not being grounded whenever the switches get hit, it’s a microswitch problem.

Odds are it’s a busted joystick PCB+microswitch assy.

So since I don’t have a multimeter and barely know what you are talking about, the best bet is to just buy a new shit like that guy suggested earlier?

How dare you question a no troubleshooting post that immediately points you at a problem?

Real help: Check your stick lock switch. Check your DP/RS/LS switch. If all of those are in good order, then try to borrow a second stick PCB. Don’t go buying crap until you have located the problem.

Troubleshoot. Learn how to troubleshoot. Find someone who can troubleshoot.

Tech Talk is dead, long live the screwdriver equipped cowboy monkeys.

K so I got a multimeter, what do I do with it exactly? Is there a video or some guide somewhere you can point me towards?

I almost want to post the “rise from your grave” image before Darksakul, but he’s been on a roll lately.

How far did you have to go to get that multimeter?!

Done good sir

and people stop playing this card on old threads

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=205113&type=card

that image is dumb because the your has an R in it.

Anyway, does anyone want to actually help?

Your Google-fu is weak

Nope. As you refuse to help yourself after a year.

No Hand Holding!!!