Help me upgrade ram on my laptop!

Ok, I have never upgraded ram on a laptop so its my first time. First of all, I have this laptop
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=ICZYENBQGTZRNKC4D3JFAHQ?skuId=9125653&st=1030nr&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218028867515

I just want to know 3 things.

1. Whats the most I can upgrade it to?
  2. What type of ram do I need to buy?
  3. How do I install it?

Thank you.

-Top 8 in Marvel

Nonono not any, only SO-DIMMs.

Woops you are right. Forgot to mention that. Edited my post.

I need to upgrade mine as well. I’ve only got a lowly 512mb. When installing a new stick is it just plug and play or is there some configuring needed in the settings?

Yea it’s normally plug and play. You don’t really need to mess with any configuration at all.

Just make sure you get the right RAM for your computer.

so this will work for me?
http://cgi.ebay.com/2GB-SODIMM-DDR2-667-PC5300-667MHz-LAPTOP-MEMORY_W0QQitemZ280339354629QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280339354629&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Proably.

Thanks Greenpeas! Now I just need to start saving for a new stick o memory.

I own one of these laptops. I upgraded to a max of a 2 gig stick. I think it was 2gig of ddr2 667. I’d have to check when I get home. In either case the laptop is gonna be slow and laggy constantly. It freezes alot on videos for minutes at a time and you have to fidget with your browers to kick start it again. It’s good for regular browsing but seems to lag constantly which may be my issue but I haven’t installed much on it. I have the flash hardrive installed maybe that’s having issues. The computer has a great battery light though.

You can get the memory off of newegg.com for dirt cheap. Probably less then 30 if i’m not mistaken.

If you have the HP mini it takes a matter of 20 seconds to switch out the memory. there are the two tabs on the bottom for releasing the battery. Put the right tab that is the locking tab for the battery and pull it to the unlock position. You will see there is a small tab inside that tab. Take a pen and stick it in the little hole and pull it left or right and the memory door will pop open.

That is why I am buying ram! I just bought this and have nothing on it yet, just a couple basics like firefox and avast. but when I watch youtube or vids, it freezes up for like 3-5 seconds then kicks back in. Not only in videos, but just double clicking or opening things in general, I get a 3 sec freeze then it starts. I thought the flash hard drive would make it super fast, thats the reason i went with flash instead of a normal hard drive.

But I agree, battery life is amazing and so is the durability. I just don’t like the constant freezing.

If you have an Atom cpu your gonna be slow no matter what you do.

You think that is decent price? I am new to ram world

21 bones for 2GB of RAM? Yeah, that’s really good.

Ok, just bought this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=140312911114

Looks good right? RIGHT?!

It better work

No name memory. Hopefully it works and good luck. The computer does still lag at times but it’s not as bad. I know there are certain programs that the atom cpu or flash drives just don’t like. I was using mcaffe virus protector and the computer was crap. I switched to avast and it runs much better.

Remember it’s easy to open memory door. just grab a pen or paper clip and stick it into the battory lock tab under that tab and slid it and door will pop open.