Help Soldering A PS2 Dual-Shock

Can any one help me on how to properly solder a PS2 Series-A PCB? I’ve seen the pinout for this type but I’m not exactly sure how to solder it in that small of a space. Any help is appreciated. :wonder:

If I remember correctly, the dual shock 2 isn’t a good controller to use for arcade sticks to begin with, due to the pressurized buttons (or something like that).

ps2 pads are unhackable

if your talking about that little port you need to do a spiffy solderless hack
…but not on a ps2 pad cuz they dont work

NOTHING is unhackable.

They’re just more difficult than the other options.

So between PSONE and PS2 PCBs. Which is better.

Also, is thier a specific model, or generation type for the respective pads.

Dualshock ones are used by most. They have the analog sticks for better compatibility with last gen converters (even though they arent used in sticks, the pcb still reports them, and some converters puke without it) and digital buttons for easy wiring.

Well, I found this website which had the pinout for a PS2 DualShock, but I’m not sure how he did the wiring. Does anyone know how he soldered the wires to the small area on the PCB?

did you read it though?
he tried the ps2 dualshock and it didnt work

and toodles it may not be impossible but its unnessary when you can just use a psx pad

…i would love to see a ps2 pad hack…i got a bunch lying around

I don’t think you read it properly. :rofl:

So can anyone actually help me? The main thing I’m worried is that since I’m soldering to such a small place on the PS2 PCB, would the solder overlapping affect the functionality?

Did you even read it yourself:rolleyes:

QUOTE from page:
The result is that it is not possible to use a P360 with a PS2 Dual Shock controller. If you want to use a PS2 Dual Shock, you must use a standard microswitch joystick (like an Ultimate or a Competition) for everything to work together properly. With a microswitch joystick, the common line from the buttons will be shared properly to the joystick, and the voltage levels will drop incrementally and properly when a direction is pushed.

so it does work, but not with a perfect 360 wich uses extra voltage for the stick.:rolleyes:

I tried doing this once, and i found out that you need lots of patience to get things working as the solder spots are very small and you need very good soldering skillz to pull this off, i coulnd but i will try again sometime when i buy a stick and buttons:wink: