Help with charting character stats

Just looking for input on this in general, and for each character specifically.

As stated I’d like to keep discussion for each character in the separate threads I am making in their respective sub forums, and input on the idea in general in the above thread.

Also as stated, despite discussion in this thread being open to anyone it would help me separate the wheat from the chaff if each forum could appoint someone who knows what the hell they are talking about to give me the numbers to plug into my spread sheet.

My near useless data for Adon:
Health Reversal/AA Zoning Rush Mix up Damage pot
Adon 3 4 2 4 3 3

Cheers.

Okay I am no expert but ill get the discussion started and reasoning.

Health/stamina
3 - I guess you are right here, 950hp + 1000 stamina

Reversal/AA
3 - My reasoning for this is your description for 4 doesnt fit Adon in my opinion. I dont find his normal AA’s reliable at all, however his dp is a good AA. As for reversals his dp has loads of invinc. It could possibly be a 4 for this reason. Maybe someone else has a more accurate view. I rarely use a normal to AA.

Zoning
4… possibly 5 - Adon is a beast at midrange, st.hk and cr.hp as normals and his jk mixups.Plus a decent walk speed.

Rush down
4 - Adon does have some pretty risky ways to get in, but he has tools and they work when used right.

Mix Up
3 - I will go with what you put, I try not to let myself be at that range as Jag Tooth is unreliable at best. However he can use it to bait some characters.

Damage
3 - I agree with this here, his damage can seem high at first but people need to consider that he burns 2 bars for reliable good damage and in the long run this lowers his overall output in my opnion.

Adon 3 3 4/5 4 3 3

Thanks for the input. The health numbers are going to change as I’m not happy with how they are weighted.

I agree with your Rev/AA number, if you read the description of that catagory in the link I posted it is actually a clumping together of tools to deal with pressure; so reversals and AA moves, of course, but also dashes, rolls, runaway air tatsus, or any tool that allows a character to escape damage. I think I rated him so high as I’m still subconsciously thinking of his old wake up speed allowing him to escape cross ups so readily.

Anyone else have anything to add?

I may be underrating him tbh. I watched the interviews with Mago and Tokido and both mentioned they though Adon would be top tier. I seriously find this hard to believe but im sure them being pros they know more? then again Tokido would like Akuma to have a better dragon punch…

Also some people may take a while to add stuff, I dont know if you come in the Adon forums much but days go by without posts sometimes heh. I am probably the most active member :frowning:

Yeah, its become a ghost town here since I got rid of SSF4 at the beginning of the year.

Here is a graph using your numbers for Adon, and my numbers for Ryu and Yun. I think mine need some work but hopefully this shows the merit of my little project.

You have all of these people new to fighting games looking for help on character selection or making all of their choices by tier charts, my opinion is defining several areas of comparison for all of the characters is a more valuable tool to the average player.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5313/adon.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hmm that is interesting. It is strange to see Adon be so small compared to Ryu, but then I as I said maybe I underrated him :stuck_out_tongue:

If you underrate him then his graph should be small.

I’m thinking maybe Ryu should be 3.5 in Rush and Mix up…

yeah I dont think his is as good as Adons, but then I only play him now and again.