Help with hrap acting weird!

Hello all, I am having some problems with my hori real arcade pro ex se stick for the 360. The stick works fine most of the time but at certain points it begins to act weird. For example some of the buttons are pushed randomly and also the stick moves either up or down. I notice that while navigating the menus but it becomes worst when playing a real match because some of the commands are input randomly and incorrect. Have you ever seen this?
Before opening and going through the guts of the stick I wanted to ask the gurus for suggestions on what should I look for to correct the issue.*
Thanks a lot in advance!!!

I’m going to just take a guess that it’s either an issue with the pcb or quick-disconnects. Take it with a grain of salt though because I’ve never used a HRAP-EX. Just wait for someone else.

Actually, maybe you should go into training mode and turn on show inputs and list what buttons are affected when it does go off. Just so the person gets an idea on what could be the problem.

Thanks for the answer. I actually followed your advice but the controller does not follow a pattern. It seems sometimes it is button a or x or rb. Same happens with the stick, it works fine but after a while it will jump or crouch for no reason. Might be something with the wiring but I don’t know what to look for in specific. I will open and clean it. Thanks!

Sounds like some wires are overlapping signals/grounds from becoming exposed or just from coincidental contact.

Thanks for the answer, do you have any ideas of how can I correct that?

We really can’t tell you more without you opening it up and seeing what is going on.

Thanks so much for the reply. After doing some tests it seems that either the problem is with the xbox or with something around the room i use to play. I got another hrap not se edition and it worked fine but after some hours of playing it did the same.

I’m starting to think it might be the static electricity around because sometimes the stick works like a champ and sometimes it just goes nuts. Anyway, thanks so much for the answers and i’ll let you know if i have any updates.

Cheers