Help with PS2 Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

There are lots on guide on how to play with a stick but do you play with a PS2 controller? I am new user although I am not new to fighting games, I am still newbie when it comes to actually playing them. I have some questions regarding the game of Street Fighter Alpha Anthology:

1. Does anyone know how to execute the moves on PS2 controller? I came across some guides but they only apply to arcade sticks, not D Pad controllers. It is difficult to execute a fireball without knowing what exactly am I doing. Does anyone have any tips on how I can execute moves and techniques on a PS2 controller? And how much practice is needed for this to work?

2. There are some charge characters in the game the require a two second charging time but the CPU (being what it is) can ignore the charge time and attack you fiercely without any trouble. Ihave seen videos of Bison players being able to respond even fatser than the computer can but ther eis not way I can get to that level (yet). Even so, I want to able to defend against input character players (and the CPU) who don’t have to worry about using charge attacks and can beat up any body. How can I do this?

3. Last question. Execute the moves of each character is tricky as it is but the Super Arts is difficult for me. Can anyone show me an easier way to execute their super arts without having go through all that frustration? I am using a PS2 controller, not a stick so I wouldn’t know what to do when they say, “execute kick three times to do x move”. Also, the “zig zag” manuevers on some characters such as Bison are weird and I don’t know how to excute them properly but then again, not many experts can use those moves. Can anyone show an easier way or give me some pointers as how those manuevers work?

Why are you trying to play on pad?

Because I don’t have a stick and even then I don’t know if I can actually afford one at the moment.

1. I’m not really sure I really understand your question. The commands to do special moves are the same on a stick as they are on a pad. In the Alpha series, there aren’t really any shortcuts. You just have to practice them. A fireball is a quarter circle from down to forward + punch (at the end). :d :df :f :stuck_out_tongue:

2. I don’t understand your question at all.

3. Again, you just have to practice. Supers don’t really have shortcuts in alpha. I don’t know what you mean by “execute kick three times to do this move.” Also, many people can do charge supers consistently.

You can buffer a charge whilst doing practically anything.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

1. I was asking if there is any easier way to execute the moves on the D pad but I suppose if there really isn’t any shortcuts, I guess I have to practice most of the moves.

2. I was asking if there is a strategy to defend against the CPU that can ignore the time it takes to charge an attack.

3. Are you sure about that? They look really complicated to me.

What do you mean by that?

1. There are no shortcuts, you just have to practice the moves/motions

2. I’m guessing if you’re having trouble against CPU is because you’re playing to offensively, don’t have any experience with Alpha Anthology but if you’re getting hit with moves you think you shouldn’t either you’re rushing in or you don’t understand the properties of the moves

3. Yes, with practice even you can get comfortable pulling of the Z-motion supers

4. You can buffer your charge most of the time. What this means is that you can hide your charge while doing other moves. As soon as you jump you can start holding down, back, down/back for your charge move. You can begin charging during the animations of other moves or block strings, etc.

Alrighty, I guess that answers that. Thanks for the help.

Oh one more thing on the subject of the ISMS, is there one ideal ISMS for everyone or is it simply down to your own personal playstyles?

V-ISM.

Are you playing SFA3 or HSFA?