Help with Safe Jumps

no clue what frames and juris reversals are, sry ;/ but vs seth dp you will always get beaten out, since afaik it is the best dp (invincibility frames) in the game

I find safe jumping Seth odd, a safejump should never be beaten out if dont correctly.

Its a 5 frame reversal so if you can safe jump Adon, you should be able to safe jump Seth. Unless im missing something here? btw data taken from here http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE/Seth
I believe Seths srk start up has never changed!

dont know really, its a pain in the ass to play vs him though ;D in the last few weeks i switched to abel everytime i went vs seth… i then need only 2-3 good guesses to kill him, he needs way more =)

I can’t figure out the safe-jump setup vs. Sagat.
:f: throw, :f::f: :uf:~j.:hk: (!) :db:~:d::lk:
When I set it up in training, I can safe-jump all his reversal TUs… but my Adon replay dummy eats raw Ultra 1…

Do you mean if you do a wake up U1 or after a traded TU?

Wakeup U1.
I’m wondering if the U1 is catching landing frames or the very start of :d::lk: or what.

I could be wrong but I think the first few frames of the move are invulnerable, so you could be hitting him during that period. :d::lk: is 4 frames so it is pretty possible.

you have to hold block longer when you’re recording the dummy. the inputs continue to play even during the ultra flash.

That makes sense. All safe jump setups work on him in general so the block should work just fine.

I could be wrong [I’ll test again today] but f.Throw, dash forward, j.HK is not a 4 or 5 frame safe jump. If you tested it on Sagat, you have to know that Sagat gets up 1 frame later than other characters so it’s technically a 6 frame safe jump. Guile and Fei will probably blow you up.

It’s better to try and set-up off of situations with Adon. For example. I’ve found that doing c.LP, c.LP xx LK Rising Jaguar you can take a step forward and do j.MK if you want to hit, or you can just do j.MK after the rising jaguar if you think they will DP.

This next one I’m not certain of, I’ll test it at as well but HK Rising Jaguar xxFADCxx MK Rising Jaguar is a safe jump. You either do j.HK afterward or do an empty jump. Mostly likely 5 frames. I’m at work so this is coming from memory. I’ll test today when I get off to be sure again.

You surely can’t safe jump Sagat when you’re playing online. My dash timing gets thrown off. Ugh.

I have to ask a very noob question here…

I safe jump Sagat with lk.rj then jump in with j.mk, now heres where I lose. Most of the time he will throw out a dp and im safe! But what about those times when the opponent wakes up with wake up throw? What can I do?

Can I OS the j.mk with something that will stuff the throw? RJ?

OS rj hk against Sagat will beat his backdash and throw , os rj lk will beat every backdash but it’s throwable as we know and os rj mk will beat most of backdash.

why isn’t your j.MK hitting after lk rj? that can only mean that your j.MK was never going to hit in the first place. I would say just try to time it so that the j.MK is safe but also hits. You shouldn’t have to make it complicated with the OS, cause I believe if you OS as per the extra landing recovery, you will lose to the dp.

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/22035/Super%20Sick%20Case">Super Sick Case</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I have to ask a very noob question here…<br>
<br>
I safe jump Sagat with lk.rj then jump in with j.mk, now heres where I lose. Most of the time he will throw out a dp and im safe! But what about those times when the opponent wakes up with wake up throw? What can I do?<br>
<br>
Can I OS the j.mk with something that will stuff the throw? RJ?</div>
</blockquote>

<br><div>lol Sick Case, random overhead!</div>