Henshin A Go Go, Baby! Viewtiful Joe Thread

1. You dont really have to super jump it, you can just do standing A voomerangs on the characters that do get locked down by it.
  2. Yea, some of the really bad characters like haggar and lei-lei have a really hard time getting past the tracking voomerangs, but the characters that matter like task, and wesker can just teleport/shield/wavedash right through them after they block the first hit and now joes dead. Even if they gave them some outlandish charge time, If they didnt disappear on hit, I would be all for it. It seems like it would still be fair, since it still takes like double or triple the charge time of TK shots to actually get out there.
  3. Only letting him have 1 bomb on screen at once (that gets knocked offscreen most of the time typically anyway) when he could max out at 4 at once in tvc is still freaking lame. It seems like they keep taking away the utility aspects of Joe that he had in tvc and trading them for more rushdown offensive tactics. which is nice i guess, but that utility and ability to handle and deal with every situation is what made him unique.

@JohnsonRock
I wouldnt know about the snapback thing but i would assume that the answer to that is yes.
Also, I like the fact that he doesnt have any wall or ground bounce moves, it makes him much more adapatable to multiple character combos.

Superjumping with it makes it safer and harder for the character down below to see what’s going on. You never want to do the ground vroomerang. Why, when you could just do the air version that cancels all recovery on it.

It also locks down much better if you superjump and use a charged one in conjunction with another.

Only time you should be using ground vroomerang is when you know for sure you can catch someone above you with a medium one, block or hit. Or when you’re doing setups on incoming characters. (I do use it to intercept incoming projectiles and then six cannon though)

If were talking about full charged Vrangs, than i dont believe that it gets fully charged within the time it takes to super jump and land. and due to that, its not going to cancel out any lag and your going to be throwing the ground version anyway

but for the record, i also use ground voomerangs against characters like wesker and mag. wesker because he can gun shot you out of your airdash when you try to throw IAD V rangs. and mag because sometimes EMD is just too fast to bother trying to jump and airdash and get it out there before it hits you

i’ve been changing the way i fight to suit online play, and i find that v.joe’s ground voomerang comes out every time on xbl. no uppercuts or anything. i can’t IAD consistently and my loops tend to drop depending on the connection, but with the ground voomerang, i can actually hit-confirm into mach speed or desperado, whereas with the air one i only get one choice, and the lag on desperado usually gets me triangle jumped and launched if it whiffs and i don’t dhc. i think IAD voomerangs are better offline for mixups and pressure though

Yesterday I switched up my team to Dante(weasel or jam session, depending on if I want to zone or rush)/Vjoe(bomb)/Doom(missiles). I used to use Dante(weasel)/joe(bomb)/Wesker(gunshot). With Doom instead of Wesker the team has way more synergy, all the assists work well with each other, and the team as a whole just feels more complete.

Of course I find a team I like at the end of the games life cycle. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sad that in Ultimate all of my cool dante/vjoe glitch combos will be gone. :frowning:

In the interest of having the UMvC3 character threads be as awesome as possible, I am posting here to offer up my current Ultimate Dormammu Thread as a base skeleton to anyone who intends to manage a character thread, or something similar, in Ultimate. It is currently stripped of information, and will remain so until about a week before release. I am not attempting to toot my own horn, but rather offer to others what took me quite a bit of work to do, so that those who would rather not spend the time on such things do not have to.

I have received a lot of compliments to-date about the structure, and a few people have requested permission to use its structure for UMvC3, so I thought I would go around and make the offer to others who might not be aware that someone out there has already done the grunt work for them (haha). Because I am posting this in all the character forums, and this is time consuming on its own, I have not taken the time to check for how developed the thread I am posting on current is. Thus, I ask that no one be offended at my suggestion if your character forum is well constituted already - I mean no intrusion upon your methodologies!

Here is a link to the thread blueprint:

You can get an example of what it looks like when filled out here:

You are of course entirely welcome to change whatever you like if you want to incorporate this structure into your own thread. I have all of my posts saved as Word documents on my computer. If you would like these documents instead of having to copy/paste from the main threads, please feel free to PM me your email address, along with the character thread they will be used for, and I will gladly send them.

Highest Regards to All,
Karst

Posted this in the GD.

Hrm, as of now and as far as I know, Joe is the only one who can use the same assist twice in one combo without using exchange or any bar. If you block his assist during a combo, you can call it again as soon as he leaves.

Easiest way is to do it with Wolvie on point: abc S + assist, j.C, j.S, block the bomb when it blows and let it OTG them, s.C, S, j.C drill claw divekick, s.C S + assist again, j.C, j.S, block the bomb again, berserker barrage, hyper.

(And Shulk can relaunch about 4 times doing this, as the number of times you can call it is not limited apparently, so 4 assists in one combo)

Doesn’t work on Akuma when She-Hulk blocks the bomb to relaunch, apparently. No idea why.

holy cow. that’s hilarious. Oh the potential. Not sure if my team can abuse that though. Good find. More people should know about this.

You can abuse it as long as you can launch reliably. I’m sure Shulk isn’t the only one who can launch that much with the bomb. Though more advanced tricks with it? I’m not sure.

I tried with Dante, couldn’t find too much yet, but I don’t use Dante at all.

I use Dante, I’ll try to find something out. It’s not like Dante needs relaunches in combos though, or any more OTG’s than he already has lol.

I just figured since he has so many ways to defy hitstun he could deal with the OTG scaling everything so hard much better than others.

will vjoe finally get the attention he deserves in umvc3? this character is soooo ignored. new ghands will make him a terror.

But…it does. Go try it.

Thinking about making a detailed Joe video guide when UItimate rolls around. Really want to.

Probably not.

Official UMvC3 Joe changes

Viewtiful Joe

• Reduced hittable area when in the air.
  • Increased priority of j.S.
  • Slightly increased range of ground normal throws.
  • Reduced total frames of Shocking Pink.
  • Shocking Pink will not explode when sliding between buttons, and it cannot be juggled.
  • Added new move “V-Dodge”
  • Air Desperado can OTG.
  • Additional hits can be added to Mach Speed through rapid buttons presses.

Overall this is great!!! But where is the** “God Hand DHCable”** note?

Desperado OTG sounds awesome!!!

this character got amazing. its ashame they took away the controlled denotation, but its a very worthwhile sacrifice.

No actually we still have the controlled detonation. We just not don’t have to juggle the bomb anymore. This is a BUFF!!!

Remember, this isn’t the complete changelist. It excludes a lot of known changes. Need to wait for Seth’s.

Oh I thought Capcom Unity knew everything. I’m still happy though with what I am seeing.

YES! YES!

Gimme dat TK Desperado, son!