Good turnout for the event, we had 24 people. Ok, so some people wanted me to post the original survey that we used during the tournament. Also, I’ll post the data collected so far out of 18 people and what it probably means for HW. Also, some additional questions that we missed.
- Would you come back to another HW SF4 Tourney?
YES - 18
NO - 0
Yeah, it’s gonna happen again.
- Do you feel ENTRY FEE is at the right price?
YES - 13
HIGHER - 5
LOWER - 0
Yeah, it’s staying at $10.
- What is your preferred day for HW SF4 Tourney?
SAT - 13
SUN - 1
Yeah, it’s always going to be on Saturday.
- Would you like to participate in another HW SF4 Tourney prior to SSF4?
YES - 17
NO - 1
Yeah, HW is probably going to do another one in April.
- How often would you like HW SF4 Tournies?
EVERY 2 WEEKS -12
EVERY 3 WEEKS - 6
EVERY 4 WEEKS- 0
Hmm, who knows maybe a tourney every 2 weeks but maybe HW dosen’t want to burn people out and keep it at every 3 weeks. It’ll be up to the owners aka Coolasice.
- How often would like HW SF4 Tourney right after SSF4 for first 3 months aka SUMMER?
EVERY WEEK - 10
EVERY 2 WEEKS - 6
EVERY 3 WEEKS - 2
Same thing again with the last question except every 2 weeks for weekly and 3 weeks for 2 weeks.
- What system do you prefer to play?
360 - 6
PS3 - 4
EITHER - 8
Well, it seems pretty down the wire so it’s either gonna remain a mix or whatever is more convenient.
- What do you think HW SF4 Tourney needs more of?
SCREENS - 10
STICKS - 9
SYSTEMS - 7
NOTHING - 2
I’m pretty shocked that people want more sticks at the store. We had 2 360 Hori going and 2 TE PS3 being shared for people. Screens, I heard some complains that 2 of them were slightly off but was still fine for execution purposes. Systems, I believe it was because we were using a mix of 2 PS3 and 2 360 for 4 setups. I think probably the next investment would be in a larger screen and SSF4 Copies but thats up to the store aka Coolasice.
- Do you want to change the format to RANBAT Tournaments?
YES - 14
NO - 4
Besides for bragging purposes this would probably also mean that those higher in point score would get priority in seeds for off number tournaments. We’ll probably do the next one as RANBAT or right after SUPER.
- Would you pay $3-5 for a lifetime membership to RANBATS if it would mean having a $250 HDTV Recorder for Randoms, TOP 8, and Fonney Matches?
$3 - 5
$4 - 0
$5 - 7
NO do not care for recorded matches - 6
I think it’ll probably happen. This is more for me since I’m going to be handing the $250 to buy the thing. I think it’s a question of how many unique people the store would get for the charge price. I really do want to show off more Canadian players in HD on Youtube. Hopefully, we can get some commentators as well.
- On non-tournament days would you like to play Casuals for $5 from 12-6pm?
YES - 9
NO - 9
Probably won’t happen until the Summer when more people are free and we pose the question again.
Space - Comments about the space were that for playing it was a little bit tight but overall good. HW has pretty much confirmed that future tournaments are going to be held in the back room which has almost double the amount of space.
More Tournament Data - We were trying to record score of amount of sets but gave up halfway. Next time we’ll probably do it fully and also add characters used.
- Anyone up for any other game tournaments like T6, BB,TVC, SMASH etc.? SF4 3v3?
- Was Mixed Consoles too messy?
- Do you think the tournament was organized?
- Any problems or comments with the tournament?
- Any questions you want ask HW?