Hey im a newbie har :D

Hey SRK forums! Just wanted to let you know that i just joined today and hope to have a good time with all of you guys here xp

Anyways, i have a few…no scratch that, alot of questions for you tech-eys

1. I REALLY want to start using a fight stick, so should i stop playing blazblue for the controller for awhile? Because from a first hand experience- i know its hard to switch D: (stop playing? what nonsense is this!?)
  2. while trying to learn to use a fightstick, is there anything really special i should do to get better? or do i just keep playing regulary until i get used to it (D: i tried this for a month once with my friends fight stick and STILL cant get it down Hadoukan movements turn into jumps)
  3. The Madcatz SE stick i heard is a piece of crap, i know i should switch to SANWA parts, but are there any SANWA buttons that are clear and go hand in hand with the SE stick? I know Happ has a few transulecent ones but they look tottaly different than the buttons for the SE
    4)I wanted clear ones so that i could make them light up. a. is this possible on the SE? and if so- any one of you guys that could point me to some kind of tut out there on how i would go about doing this?

Sorry for all the newbiness ha -_-
btw, i DID try my best friend google, he has failed me (le gasp!)

Hi, welcome to SRK. Lets see if I can give an opinion on these:

1. I REALLY want to start using a fight stick, so should i stop playing blazblue for the controller for awhile? Because from a first hand experience- i know its hard to switch D: (stop playing? what nonsense is this!?)

I wouldn’t “stop.” I would just try to get the stick sooner.

1. while trying to learn to use a fightstick, is there anything really special i should do to get better? or do i just keep playing regulary until i get used to it (D: i tried this for a month once with my friends fight stick and STILL cant get it down Hadoukan movements turn into jumps)

Practice X10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

1. The Madcatz SE stick i heard is a piece of crap, i know i should switch to SANWA parts, but are there any SANWA buttons that are clear and go hand in hand with the SE stick? I know Happ has
    a few transulecent ones but they look tottaly different than the buttons for the SE

The best in clear japanese buttons are the screw ins that seimitsu does, youll have to file one of the nuts a bit to fit the one closest to the stick, but they work and look great.

4)I wanted clear ones so that i could make them light up. a. is this possible on the SE? and if so- any one of you guys that could point me to some kind of tut out there on how i would go about doing this?

I’ll let someone else go for that one :slight_smile:

1. No need to stop playing on a controller. Whether you stop playing on a controller or go straight from controller to stick, the change is the same anyways. You’re still making a switch which will take time.

2. Keep practicing with it til you get better using it. It isn’t going to happen overnight, unless you’re a miracle child.

3. SE isn’t crap, especially if you don’t know what real SANWA parts feel like. I dunno if SANWA makes clear buttons.

4. Probably, but that’s a lot of work. Before worrying about bells and whistles, make sure you get used to using a joystick. Or else you’re just gonna be the guy with a fancy joystick who doesn’t know how to use it.

Good luck, champ.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=149015

Thread for the light up tutorial.

you guys are all awesome thanks for welcoming a noobie like me har too lol

So uh- blowjobs for everyone?
wait no nvm, im sure a “Thank you” will suffice

thanks guys

You do not have to file down the nut that is closest to the stick, you just have you lay the nut and screw in the button instead of screwing in the nut.

Yeah, this is what I did.

It works bettuh if you just file the corner of the mounting bracket, it literally needs only a millimeter of material removed. Like 5 swipes with the file and boom the nut drops down perfectly. Use a dremel and a sanding bit to make a 2 second job of it as well.

sigh, all of the talk about nuts and dremels and whatnot really confuses me -_- sorry lol i just dont get what your talking about at all whatsoever. Maybe ill get it when i open up the SE myself to check out the parts… but first i need to get a better soldering gun… (mine runs on double A- ha)