Hey quick question on the Hori VF5 Stick

Hello, I recently bought one, and hate the square gate. I read it is possible to put in an octagonal gate, and would like to do so. I don’t want to replace anything else, as I have no experience in this, and just want to do something easy. Would the Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate work in the Hori VF5 stick if I follow this guide: http://forums.xbox.com/1/5956513/ShowPost.aspx#5956513

Thanks for the help, and I am sorry if this has been asked before.

Before you try swapping it out… At least try playing some Street Fighter 2 with the square gate.

I wasn’t that big a fan of the square at first, Then I started playing some Balrog/Guile on ST and I dont think I’d ever go to an octagonal

It works but you’ll need to drill holes in the gate in order to use it. Luckily this process is pretty painless as the holes are already in place - all you have to do is finish drilling them through. Really easy and I’m much happier with the stick now then I was with the stock square gate.

Sweet, just ordered from lizardlicks. Anyways, I did try the square and have been using it since I got the stick, and my blanka/guile game did improve, but I cant do non-charge moves for shit with it now lol. Thanks for the input guys :smiley:

right here!

near the end (post #88), user snake says something about not even having to drill holes to get the octagon gate on his hori ex2…which has the same stick