Hey there, another newbie here with a lot to learn!

Howdy. I’m RagingPacifist. I’m really new to the whole fighter scene, but I definitely want to get into it.

I’ve played Mortal Kombat 9 casually for quite a while. I had fun with the brutallity of it all at first, but started to get into online games and started to get into the fighter aspect of it a bit more. I THOUGHT I got pretty good, but seeing some tournament footage and whatnot I obviously was never that good. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyways, I stopped playing it for a while and after coming back to it, I realized I wanted something more and picked myself up a copy of Super Street Fighter IV.

Obviously only having been a casual player, I don’t really know a lot of the mechanics / terminology / lingo / whatever, but I’m willing to learn! I’m hoping to step up my game in both SSFIV and MK9. I’m already saving up for my first fightstick (I’ve got my eye on the Mad Catz TE Fightstick) and will be moving to the Seattle area in about a month, so I’d like to know if there are any fun places to meet up with other players, play games, exchange tips, whatever.

Yeah, I think that’s pretty much it. I hope to stick around and learn more about fighting games! I look forward to it~

Hey there

If you want to know more about mechanics/terminology stuff, check out the bot thread. There’s plenty information for you to grasp. Especially The Execution Guide and All the terminology that more than you need to know lol.
Also check out VesperArcade SSF4 Ttutorial I think it covers pretty much everything that you need to know about SSF4 in depth.

I’m also brand new to fighting games, I just started to play SSF4 about a month ago. And these are what I watched and read when I just started up. Note though, it doesn’t turn you into good player just by watching and reading them. It takes time to understand, practice, most importantly to pull out in the real battle.
I got a lot of help from SRK forums. Come search and read up some thread, or even ask question would help you a lot.

The guy above gave really good advice. I just started playing as well and the Vesper Arcade series is a massive help. It really helps you understand the mechanics and theory of the game and gives you the tools to practice. however i can’t stress enough that you NEED to practice, and practice on both sides of the screen.

If you have issues with a hadouken, then throw 100 hadouken’s on each side or until you do it endlessly without issue and so on.

Good luck! If you want to add me and practice in endless together please go ahead. Always looking for some guys who are new to the game to play together.

Links are going to be a pain.