Hi I'm Cammy/Rose and I cannot beat Guile

guile

That’s the truth. I fear no Sagat, no Ryu. No elitist Gen or cheap Balrog player. But when I face Guile I go into auto-lose modus. I both main Rose and Cammy, but neither of them seems to find a way to pressure him safely. First of I can’t get in though the hundreds of booms, second of I always, always fear a reversal flashkick.
On wake-up this threat is also there, always. And when he attacks me he does it safely from a boom and easily into a high/low mixup.

So why is he considered weak? What am I missing? I cannot jump at him, I cannot walk to him (EX booms will kill me they are too fast). What is his major weakness that I fail to spot?

You don’t HAVE to answer. But you know, it would be, euh, good for competition!

lol, i’ve probably played you considering you are in europe and on psn. if you want some training against guile, by all means feel free to add my psn.

the truth is, with the charcters you mention, a skilled guile is hard to beat. i would personally say that cammy has the better chance. she happens to be one of my secondaries, although i’m not exactly sanford kelly :). her j.hk has some priority over some of guile’s normals. get a knockdown, then fuck him up with mixups. you have to play very aggressive and stay in rush down mode. don’t give guile time to think. i recently found out that a close cannon strike beats wake up flash kick, so when you have him knocked down, walk right up so you are touching him and switch between cannon strike, throw, tick throw and air cannon strike on his wake up. from my experiences of playing with and against guile’s, the majority do not like to be thrown and get really frustrated with constant walk up throw/empty jump throw/tick throw attempts.

hope that helps somewhat.

First of all, it is difficult to preasure Guile, unless you are Sagat with his godly tiger shots or Abel and Zangief mix ups. Guile has solid ground spacing normals and have plenty of anti air moves, he has the fastest projectile in the game (charge input is the “balancing” factor here) and his flash kick is useful to escape preasure thanks to FADC system.

However… besides blocking and random back/forward dashes, he has nothing to stop cross ups attempt. Nothing. A regular cross up beats him every time. Also Sonic boom does low damage (50, 100 for ex), but it does not matter in Rose/Cammy match up for Guile, they die too fast.

Here is the DO NOT list:

DO NOT JUMP ON GUILE, EVEN IF YOU ARE RYU WITH HIS GODLY JUMPING ROUND HOUSE
DO NOT USE SPINNING BACK KNUCKLE, IT FAILS REMARKABLY AGAINST GUILE
DO NOT MISS THE CHANCE TO CROSS UP GUILE, IF YOUR CHARACTER HAS ONE TO BEGIN WITH
DO NOT ENGAGE IN A FIREBALL WAR WITH ROSE, YOU WILL AUTO LOSE

Now the DO LIST:
DO PUNISH GUILE JUMP INS WITH CANNON STRIKE (Dp move of cammy’s) OR ULTRA WITH ROSE, FREE DAMAGE IS FREE.
DO PUNISH GUILE CROUCHING ROUNDHOUSE IF HE DID IT WITH ULTRA, SUPER OR ANYTHING ELSE

But here lies the bigger problem, cammy has hard time to close the distance against Guile wall of defense, and Rose is a defensive characte who has trouble zoning Guile.

Sadly I have a lack of esperience playing as Rose or Cammy, and I have not played against good roses or cammys (cammies…?), but the best advice to beat guile with these characters is:

slowly approach him via FADC the sonic booms and close the distance with cammy, use TK cannon spike for preasure purposes and fish out reversal flash kicks, then punish.

For Rose, it is kinda different depending on your play style. I have seen much more offensive based Rose players who used her poking game to deal damage, and I have seen other rose player who play more defensively and turtle, playing majorly zoning and footsie if the opponent closes in. Defensive style will fail against Guile, he is more and far much better in defense department. Closing the distance will soon be one of your options, an akward decision if you prefer defensive playstyle.

More or less, patience and fishing mistakes will be the best solution for you. Hope someone with better experience gives you the answer…

yes thats helpful. Thanks. See you soon on PSN :slight_smile: And ye, I played you wikum. Dont remember how it went but dont think I ever won easily from a Guile mainer.