Home version 3S tier list?

we all know give or take the tier list of the arcade version, whenever we talk about tiers its always the arcade version. how about the home console version?

i think its important to know this as well since most of the areas who wanna play 3s cant really relate to the information of a game they probably cant get there hands on because of lack of arcades. only playing them on DC.

what do u ppl think it looks like?

that would be interesting, expecially for places where an arcade tournament is out of the question (here ;_; )

Urien sure falls a lot. Aegis is still good and all, but the loss of the unblockables is hurting… not only the loss itself, but also the consequent loss of a big psychological threat.
Links/cancels on reaction are a bit harder to do, so maybe Ken’s low strong and Chun’s low forward could be considered a little less abusable… that’s not too big, though.
I would rank Gouki a bit higher, since more speed and input lag make his lockdown demon flip/divekick/whatever a bit nastier.
And it’s harder to parry HK’s on reaction.
Dudley goes down abit, having harder time with some links and nerfed juggles.
Alex gets a better Hyperbomb (1 frame faster)…

home version eh

Top Tier :
Gill :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame:

tier list in my opinion

ummmm they dont allow gill in tournaments so he’s not apart of the tier list. of course he would be top other than stating the obvious u didnt say anything.
thanx for nothing

ken - doesnt really have anything changed that would mark him down
chun - low forward buffer tighter
yun - some sa3 combos different? less damage and some impossible to do?

high mid

makoto - i dont see anything changed with her from just looking
yang - i dont see anything different
gouki - more lag on joystick motions making dive kick pressure perhaps better (mentioned before)
dudley - tighter juggles
oro - sa3 strong, no more unblockables with sa2 and ex fireball

low mid

ibuki -same
urien - no unblockable still good damage and good aegis juggle combos from sphere or crouching fierce
necro - dont see anything changed
ryu - i dont know if he should before necro
alex - nothing noticable
elena - nothing noticable

bottom tier

hugo - cant see anything changed i always thouhgt he was a better character then the rest of the low tier
remy - nothing noticable
sean - same
twelve - same
Q - nothing noticable (dont know where to place him i’ve seen alot of him lately and i think he’s as good as hugo if not better then the rest of the low tier)

edit: while moving around the tiers i must have deleted yang and didnt notice.

the bread and butter genei jins remain the same, although some timing might be a little off [but genei jin timings are sensitive to begin with]

chun’s SA2 low forward link doesn’t exist anymore.

this lag isn’t isn’t really something significant…i dunno why people keep bringing it up…:rolleyes: :confused:

You can link Chun-Li’s Cr.Fwd into her SAII in concole.

Also, where the hell is Yang on your list?

No, you can’t.

On console, it’s a cancel, not a link. You have all day to Houyoku after the low mk in the arcade, on DC you MUST go directly from the low mk into the super.

N - Also, Ibuki’s unblockable is removed as well. No one ever uses it anyway, though.

Oops. I miss read. My bad dude

yeah i didnt mention the ibuki unblockable because i didnt think that was a major piece of her game plan like urien’s and oro’s.

lol

I think in the home version, one thing to consider is how friggin hard it is to press the Fierce button. Especially if you’re playing with the analog stick.

If you’re playing with the digital pad, it’s hard to do SRKs when you’re on the left side… Maybe it’s cause I have nails and stuff.

But anyways, to me, the top tiers would be characters with no SRK moves and does not utilize the Fierce button a whole lot. Don’t tell me I can change the button configs blah blah =P

Top Tier :
Q
Necro
Hugo

Low Tier :
Everyone else

I mean- who would host a Home Version 3S Tournament =/ Maybe a some grade school kids at a birthday party.

lol

thats response is expected from u, u did join in 2004.

TB DOESNT WANT TO QUIT. HE KNOWS THE POWER OF 3S~!!~@~ :smiley:

Just when I thought I was out… they drag me back in.

N - Videos? Oh yes, you betcha.

you know you can’t get out…:cool:

People need stop bringing stupid bullshit to these boards!

so u all agree pretty much with the list then since i wasnt flamed horridly. :confused:

tier list in my opinion

I think this looks better .

Tier 1:
Ken
Yun
Chun

Makoto

Tier 2:
Akuma
Yang
Dudley
Ryu
Ibuki
Urien

Tier 3:
Alex
Oro
Elena
Necro
Remy

Tier 4:
Hugo
Q
Sean

I was referring to nanitaberu’s post.

hey majin ryu could u explain your 3rd and 4th tier i understand your 1st and 2nd but the placements of the others i dont understand can u put in a little commentary to explain the placements? when u can :smiley:

Re: tier list in my opinion

This is what I think

Top Tier:
Ken(SA III)
Chun(SA II)
Yun(SA III)

Top Mid Tier:
Dudley(SA I or III)
Makoto(SA II)
Urien(SA III)

Mid Tier:
Gouki