Honda thread

Had it happen once more.

This time also while throwing into the corner.

Have you tried unfreezing it by doing a special attack or something? Guile’s throw glitch in WW could be unfrozen by doing a Flash Kick. Try Headbutt or Sumo Splash next time you’re frozen.

I want to see somebody pull that stuff off in a tournament , would be great.

It doesn’t work on Japanese or American boards so you’re probably never going to see that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll try doing a headbutt/splash next time it happens on GGPO.

Happened to me long time ago on GGPO too. I can’t remember all the details but it was just a midscreen honda backthrow. Funny because I thought it was just some emulation issue or something because I hadn’t heard of it since lol.

So honda Bearhug.

Is there a list of how the crossup after works against different characters ?

Some seem lag in the air longer than others so the crossup will whiff.
Wheter it crosses up or not seems to also depend on what side you are on.

Also is there a better crossup combo for O.Honda than:

xup j.mk - st.mp - cr.lp - hands ?

Maybe try checking the o.honda videos here: http://www.strevival.com/yt/

So am I crazy, or can Honda not perform a Sumo Smash on CPS1 SF2 charging downback to upback (need to end the special going straight neutral up)? Works on Super and ST but not HF (at least not on XBL HF). Weirdness.

I think he only got that move in HF, not CE or WW. It’s done by pressing the kick at neutral before going up.

Different. I’ll give that a try. Don’t know how I played Honda before ST. CPS1 Honda sucks so much in comparison. No headbutt or sumo smash knockdown. All he (HF Honda) has is that HK Sumo Smash that hits on the way up… which is nice but no where near as important as HHS that move forward and ochio.

I like Super Honda aka O.Honda. He’s just a very different animal, especially with his lack of floaty fierce. You need ridiculous reactions to be able to reliably nj.mk over fireballs.

It’s not so much that CPS-1 Honda sucks, it’s more like everyone else is better. You think fighting fireball characters in ST is bad, try doing that shit against WW Guile, CE Ryu/Dhalsim/Sagat, or HF (anyone with fireball).

I get ya. I cut my teeth on HF and played O.Honda a little when I first started playing ST on GGPO in preparation for HDR.

Heh. I would think fighting CE/HF guile would be worse than WW since WW guile only has one sonic boom speed IIRC.

I think they are, just because they have more varied move sets to play with. But you can’t underestimate the stupidity of jab jab jab jab jab jab jab stun and restun combos. You get caught once and it’s round over, and it takes zero skill to pull off.

I’ve seen that before, but the WW Guile jab re-dizzy is a lot harder to set up than it sounds.

Have you had any luck figuring this out with consistency? I know SOME of it might just be hitbox-related with certain characters, for example the crossup seems to always whiff on Ryu. But for characters I can cross-up with d+mk following a fierce grab, I still cannot be 100% sure they will actually get crossed up. Sometimes you land in the front anyway. That isn’t a horrible thing, but if I KNOW I’m going to land in the front, would prefer to use j.HK.

It has to do with when they pop out.

Didn’t even consider that, thanks!

Wait, WW Guile’s Stun/Restun combo is jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab? HOLY SHIT, I gotta crack out Anniversary edition and pull that shit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mP3VcQ6uJI