Hooking up Component/Composite to VGA on ASUS VH236H Monitor

Hey I just got an ASUS VH236H 23" LCD so I can practice/play without lag, and I was wondering how I could hook up my composite and component using systems to it. Anyone know of good converters I can get? The one I got off Amazon for Component to VGA doesn’t work, and I’m assuming the composite one that will follow it shortly in the mail won’t work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Was looking at maybe these, but I’m not sure

For Component:

For Composite:

Don’t really want to shell out 40$ a piece for em though, nor can I afford to

Your only option for component in that price range is an HD Box Pro. Monoprice sells a rebranded clone; http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011407&p_id=7113&seq=1&format=2

I’d forget about composite :confused:

I’d very much like to forget about composite, I just don’t have a capture card that accepts anything but Composite/S-Video signal yet unfortunately.

Get one of these http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=CGA%2FEGA%2FYUV&afsrc=1
will give you many more option with less lag but you may need to pick up a 5v-12v ac adapter but there is a good chance you will have one at the house. I had like 3 left over from random things very general ac plug

The GBS and HD Box are based on the same chip, hence all the clones. It’s not clear which one came first. They’re very, very similar in terms of picture quality. Keep in mind the HD Box scales to 1080p while the GBS is more geared towards arcade and PC monitor resolutions. It’s an arcade board.

also the monitor does have a DVI input port I just noticed, so if that’s an easier option then there’s that too

yes similar with GBS either way he should be good I have herd there are issues with 240 input while the GBS works perfect

I’m not aware of any stand-alone component to DVI adapters (remember that component is analogue while DVI is digital, a simple cable can’t do the A/D conversion there needs to be circuitry) $$$ scalers like the DVDO Edge and Optoma HD3000 will do this but they cost anywhere from $300 ~$500. Component to VGA is the way to go.

EDIT: The Gefen VGA to DVI Scaler plus will accept component over a simple adapter but the quality is somewhat poor. It’s great for VGA signals though!

not really dvi is about the same as hdmi just without sound easier to work with VGA

Gotcha.