Hop kick, Ex tatsu, mk axe kick followups in the corner

evil-ryu

after a hop kick, ex tatsu if in the corner you can follow up with a mk axe kick even if you are rediculously far from the corner (just your foot has to reach them).

it seems like a pretty sick thing to figure out as its great for blowing up stand/crouch techs on wakeup, does 330-340 damage, and leads to an untechable kd.

Note by Deathgun on the followups to hop kick, ex tatsu, mk axe kick:
This setup is very specific, because you have a huge window of time to land the mk axe kick, depending on when you landed the move, the subsequent followup may or may not work. Hapilly if you do the mk ak in the first possible frame it will to connect, so you can find setups that are aways going to work. The other good new is that once you can land the mk ak out of time its gonna be very hard for the opponent to discern what exactly you did and how to block it properly.

Setups currently found (assuming you input the mk axe kick on the first possible frame)
4 frame safe jump courtesy of DeathGun
f.mk, ex tatsu, mk ak (asap), back dash, c.LP, forward jump. Its a safe jump against every 4f or higher that I tested but Sagat and Adon.

Note by mapleleafs: i think this should work no matter how far from the corner you connect as it is a safe jump and doesnt depend on positioning

My Setup: Cross up that makes most reversals wiff, can be swapped with an instant dive kick to hit in front but the dive kick is unsafe

Hop kick, Ex tatsu, mk axe kick, walk back a bit, Wiff a standing fierce punch, jump safe mk cross up/instant unsafe dive kick.

Reversal DPs will wiff, delayed/autocorrect dps either get stuffed or will wiff like a reversal.
Once your opponent stops blocking you can dive kick in the front (which is unsafe) for a mixup
The timing is reasonably lenient for most chars, as long as you are walking far enough back to wiff the st fp you should be good but practice it a bit.
Some chars however may need a bit tighter timing [Its easy as piss vs shotos but my findings vs gief, t hawk, adon, dee jay, guy may impove/get worse depending on your timing]. you dont have to be point blank in the corner either as i could repeate most of these being a couple large cubes away but i dont know the absolute limit on how far away you can be.

How it works on the cast [Bold are the moves that escape it or beat it]

Spoiler

Ryu/Ken/akuma/dan/Sakura/Oni/Sagat - srks always wiff or it gets a grounded combo vs an attemped delayed autocorrect
Ibuki, wiffs
gouken - Safe jumps goukens ex tatsu
juri - Stuffs juris EX pinwheel for air reset
Chun - loses to SBK
Dudley - wiffs
seth - wiffs, stuffs ex spd
gen - air resets all waterfal kicks
rose - ex spiral wiffs, ex reflect wins (lol)
cammy - wiffs
adon - reversal timing wiffs, he is one of the few that can autocorrect with a delay/non reversal timing
thawk - reversal timing autocorrects
fei -wiffs, ex wing escapes
balrog - falls out of my tatsu so i dont think you can do the combo on him
honda - ** the axe kick wiffed on him so ill have to check back into him] **
vega - stuffs ex flip and wall dive grounded, rollin crystal flash ex or regular escapes but has a long recovery
Rufus - Wiffs
Gief - stuffs lariat :open_mouth: for a grounded combo
blanka -** upball ex wins, electricity wins :(**
guile - wiffs
viper - all moves wiff, burn kick air resets her back into the corner
bison -all of his moves wiff but move him far away (i would rather use the safejump)
hakan - Ex slide escapes

Noteworthy thing i didnt expect to beat:
Dee jay -ex up kicks wiff despite how well it normally autocorrects :O!!!
Guy - EX tatsu wiffs despite normally killing all jump ins cross up or not

Final notes: I was not able to slide out of it either however i need to test how forward dashes, back dashes, and focus dashes apply.
Also if some chars leave their stick in neutral [ex guy] the cross up will wiff, while others will get hit unless the block properly. i noticed this just now

Tip: If you pause when your char is wiffing the st fp, my back foot was about 3.5 small cubes past the thick line closest to the end of my super meter

you have to specify on which characters you are performing these setups. Evil Ryu’s setups are extremely matchup based, Its rare for the same setup to work identically against different characters.

lemme just add something to your thread. This setup is very specific, because you have a huge window of time to land the mk axe kick, depending on when you landed the move, the subsequent followup may or may not work. Hapilly if you do the mk ak in the first possible frame it will to connect, so you can find setups that are aways going to work. The other good new is that once you can land the mk ak out of time its gonna be very hard for the opponent to discern what exactly you did and how to block it properly.

f.mk, ex tatsu, mk ak (asap), back dash, c.LP, forward jump. Its a safe jump against every 4f or higher that I tested but Sagat and Adon.

Tried yours out andi was able to repeatedly set it up pretty consistantly.

Here is a pretty good one I found that im currently testing vs the cast…

Hop kick, Ex tatsu, mk axe kick, walk back a bit, Wiff a standing fierce punch, jump mk cross up.

Reversal DPs will wiff, delayed/autocorrect dps either get stuffed or will wiff like a reversal. i havent been able to hit it so far.
Once your opponent stops blocking you can dive kick in the front (which is unsafe)

How it works on the cast [Bold are the moves that escape it or beat it]

Spoiler

Ryu/Ken/akuma/dan/Sakura/Oni/Sagat - srks always wiff or it gets a grounded combo vs an attemped delayed autocorrect
Ibuki, wiffs
gouken - Safe jumps goukens ex tatsu
juri - Stuffs juris EX pinwheel for air reset
Chun - loses to SBK
Dudley - wiffs
seth - wiffs, stuffs ex spd
gen - air resets all waterfal kicks
rose - ex spiral wiffs, ex reflect wins (lol)
cammy - wiffs
adon - reversal timing wiffs, he is one of the few that can autocorrect with a delay/non reversal timing
thawk - reversal timing autocorrects
fei -wiffs, ex wing escapes
balrog - falls out of my tatsu
vega - stuffs ex flip and wall dive grounded, rollin crystal flax ex or regular escapes but has a long recovery
Rufus - Wiffs
Gief - stuffs lariat :open_mouth:
blanka -** upball ex wins, electricity wins :(**
guile - wiffs
viper - all moves wiff, burn kick air resets her back into the corner
bison -all of his moves wiff but move him far away (i would rather use the safejump)
hakan - Ex slide escapes
Guy - EX tatso wiffs despite normally killing all jump ins cross up or not

Noteworthy thing i didnt expect to beat:
Guy - EX tatso wiffs despite normally killing all jump ins cross up or not
Gief - stuffs lariat :open_mouth:

dash, cr.mk, j.hk is a fake crossup on dictator. Haven’t tested this on other characters.

Iirc dash, cr.mp, j.hk has the same effect on some other members of the cast (this could be completely wrong).

i couldnt get hte cr mp setup but im gonna try tomorrow i may have fucked it up as i only tried for a couple minutes. i tried the bison one for 2 seconds but that doesnt count. ill give them both a hard try tomorrow

Edit: forgot to test and now im in a splint so no sf4 for a couple weeks. ill try it later

The axe kick doesn’t connect on poison.