Hori EX 2 Stick Problem

Ok for those who don’t know what the stick looks like here it is:
http://www.championedition.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/xbox-360-hori-fightingstickex2a.jpg

I just purchased this stick in the mail and overall I’m pretty happy with he feel of the entire stick, for $60 I don’t think it’s too bad. I’m assuming that you all play where the punches are the top buttons and the kicks are the bottom buttons.

(Ex: p p p )
k k k

The problem is that the bottom 2 right kicks are the left trigger and right trigger. When I go to change the button settings you aren’t able to change those 2 buttons only the black and white buttons. Does this mean I have to re wire the controller or am I missing something?

what game are you playing? i know for SF:AC, just assume the LT is white button and RT is black button and it’ll work fine

treat the black and white buttons as those triggers. That is how the 360 in general reads the black and white buttons.

I don’t think you understand. And sorry for not saying what game I’m playing, it’s Third Strike btw. If you look at the picture i thought the layout was that the punches were on the top and the kicks were at the bottom for Third Strike. The problem is that the bottom 2 right buttons are the left trigger and right trigger. The black and white buttons are the farthest buttons away from each other at the top. There is no option available to map the bottom 2 right buttons because you can’t pick the triggers only the black and white buttons. So do I have to swap the wires for these 4 buttons or am I wrong?

If you’re playing 3rd Strike from Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection on a 360, go to the edit controls screen and pick this:

A - short
white - forward
black - roundhouse

B - jab
X - strong
Y - fierce

Your playing third strike on 360 backwards compatibility right?
I am doing it right now. I have the game running and I am in training mode for 3rd strike on the 360 right now with my ex2 stick. The black and white buttons = the trigger buttons to the stick. I am playing the game on my 360 right now on my ex2.
Black button = M.kick and White button = H.kick right from my button config menu in 3rd strike from the sf anniversary edition on 360s backwards compatibility.

in third strike, The triggers and the bumpers are tied to the black and white buttons.
They both act like the black and white buttons. So you are fine. They both will map to the the buttons on the bottom and the buttons at the top. I am playing the game with the same stick as you RIGHT NOW, As I am typing this, It is in my lap.

If for some reason yours are not maping correcting then you somehow have a defective stick or something. It works for everybody else I know with an ex2 stick.
Remember, The black and white buttons = both the triggers(LT and RT are the bottom right buttons) and the bumper buttons which are those up top. They both get mapped. It all ends up fine.

Capcom doesn’t allow you to map the triggers in SFAC, because they mirror what other buttons on the Xbox controller do.

The left trigger mirrors what you have mapped to the black button.
The right trigger mirrors what you have mapped to the white button.

So just program the black and white buttons to the controls you want, and the trigger buttons on the EX2 should repeat those commands.

It works now thanks for everyones help