Hori EX2 First Time Mod (have questions)

Hello,

I am new here and new to modding a fight stick. I just bought a Hori EX2 and ordered from Lizard Lick Amusements:

6 - Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbutton
1 - Sanwa JLF-TP-8T Joystick
1 - Sanwa GT-Y
1 - Seimitsu LB-39 Ball Top

This seems to be what everyone is using. Any advice would be very helpful.

My main question is “Where are all of you getting these cool graphics???”

Thanks
GT

I’m in the exact same situation! Just about to mod my hori ex2 which has a bad button. I’ll be following this great guide: http://pineconeattack.com/2008/12/07/how-to-mod-the-hori-fighting-stick-ex2-with-authentic-arcade-parts-xbox-360-version/

I have custom artwork ready (you can find a hori ex2 template and just add to it with photoshop) but I don’t know where or how to print it. People on these forums say Lami-label in kinko’s but I’m Irish and I dont think we have that here

1. I hope you know how to solder!
  2. I hope you know that your JLF won’t fit in the EX2 without modification to the joystick / case!
  3. I hope you have a file / dremel!

This thread outlines some of the stuff you’re looking for: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=140160

I’ve heard the JLF is too tall to fit into the JLF without some modifications. Why not just switch out the JLF for some Happ Cherry microswitches instead? It would be cheaper as well.

Just get it printed at a local print shop and have them laminate it for you. You will need some spray glue and some masking tape when gluing the artwork on though. Just get the painter’s kind.

Thanks for the advice! Will the spray glue be strong enough to hold it firmly in place?

I have been reading the guides, and everyone is loving the sawna items. That is why I went with that and not the cherry switches. My main use with it is Street Fighter IV and my wife is using it for Pac Man and hates the way the stick works now.

As long as you cover the surface evenly, you’ll be good.

What do you mean cover the surface evenly??

Nevermind above