Hori EX2 on Vista64

I’m trying to get my Hori Fighting Stick EX to work on Vista 64-bit and could use a little help if anyone has been able to get it to work. I read the instructions at http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/download.html for Vista64 and did everything that it says in the readme below.

After I copy the xbcd.sys and xbcd.inf files to the right locations, I go to device manager and update the driver on the 360 controller. I am able to see the XBCD 360 driver in the list, but when I try to install it I get an error saying the driver could not be installed.

According to the webpage above it says to run the installer instead at the point where I copy the xbcd.sys and .inf files which I also tried, but that doesn’t work either.

Has anyone been able to successfully get their EX2 to work on Vista 64? Thanks.

Installation Instructions:

You first need to open a Command Prompt window in Administrator mode.

1. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories.
  2. Right click on the Command Prompt program and choose “Run as administrator”.

Next, you need to alter the Boot Configuration Data store to disable signed
driver checks.

1. Type the following into the command prompt EXACTLY (yes, that is two D’s)
    bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

Reboot your computer. You can now follow the standard procedure to install
the XBCD360 drivers.

1. Put xbcd.sys into:
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\

2. Put xbcd.inf into:
    C:\Windows\Inf

3. Start the Device Manager, right click the XBox360 controller, and choose
    Update Software Driver

4. Browse for the driver manually, then say that you want to choose from a list.

5. Pick the XBCD360 driver. It should be at the very bottom of the list.

i dont think you actually need to do anything to get it work in vista, mine recognized it right after i plugged it in.

Sorry, I guess I forgot to mention that I’m trying to get it to work with MAME32 on Vista 64-bit. If I go into Control Panel -> Game Controllers I can see it detect as FightingStickEX2 and can verify that all the buttons and stick register, however MAME32 won’t detect anything.

yup

You got to do you button config

make sure the stick is plugged in before you load Mame.

Pick your game, start it up, then hit the TAB button. Pretty easy from there.

I did the button config but when I choose a button and try to reassign it to a joystick button or direction it won’t detect anything.

I read this is because only certain versions of MAME support hat switches (which is what the EX2 is detected as). Do you know what version of MAME32 supports this? I think I have the latest version but I’m not sure.

Thanks.

I’m using Mame Plus! and it’s plug and play, just gotta do the button config in game

Thanks, I’ll give it a try tonight. There’s so many flavors of MAME out there its hard to figure out which one is the best.

Hey, I was wondering if you ever got your Hori to work with mame plus! Thinking of getting a stick to use primarily with the PC but to have compatibility with xbox360, and I could use your advice!