Here a new project I’m currently working on: it’s a complete overhaul of the Hori Fighting Commander.
I have a friend who LOVES the FC4, but detroy the D-pad, and also, the old vesion is not X-input.
Before the Brook products existed, using the FC4 for padhacking was common, so I also ended with a lot of empty shell.
By chance, the FC4 is thick, so I hace a lot of space to put stuff inside.
I’ve showed some stuff on twitter, but I think it’s nicer when you have an actual thead to read.
So here’s a list of what I’m going to do:
- Replace all the electronic to fit a Brook UFB or PS4+ audio,
- Keep the L3/R3 switch assignation,
- Add the madcatz MLG USB plug,
- Replace the buttons membrane with real microswtiches (Cherry MX blue or Sanwa/Seimitsu),
- Replace the bumper/trigger button with omron microswitch blue (the same as Razer mouses),
- Design an entirely different system for the D-Pad, similar to Sawna/Seimitsu stick.