HORI Fighting EDGE

Hi u all… I have a 360 FE and I want to change the original PCB with a PS360+ , I really don’t care much about the led lights, but still want to use the touchpad ( Start/Back Buttons ), any chance to have the wiring diagram for this kind of mod? Or, if was already posted, please link me to that, I did not found it. Thanks in advance!

I recently DM’d my X360FE with a Fighting Commander 4 + IMP v2 and came across a problem with the Guide/Home button. I followed all the steps for the “Basic” setup (SJA/SJC are bridged), but when I plug in the controller to the PC, Button 13 (Home) is always ON. When I plug it into a PS4, the H/G is simply not usable (plays just fine though). I don’t have an X360 to test, but I assume the H/G will always be on as well. Everything else works perfectly though, and holding H/G before plugging in switches systems just fine.

Am I missing something here?

Is there a video detailing how to change artwork for a FE?

someone can make a tutorial (xbox 360 vers) to mod with hori FC4? thanks

God forbid you have to do some research. Everything you need to know is already on the forums.
You just have to read more than one post on a thread, you might have to read 2 or 3 posts.

I would start here, everything you need to know about Dual-modding.

Apply what you see here with and refer to the thread covering the Hori FC4.

@Darksakul yeah i read it this Dual modding 101 & and another page thanks
but i was ask here, about FE,bc this stick is unique,light & panel tactil (start & select)

I think they’re just looking for a pinout of the 360 board

Exactly

Can a FE be modded for PS4 while retaining its original functionality like mapping and LED? I do not care about dual-console; PS4 exclusive. I’m new to stick modding but I know my way around a PCB and can solder. Just need some initial direction. Thanks.

As stated before the only things you can keep when modding the Fighting Edge are the start and select buttons. The Tournament mode and mapping functions will not work. you can get the LEDs to work but you have to wire them separately.

Hello friends. Anyone could me where i buy a steel bolt (screw)for my fighting edge? My bolts are rusty… Thank so very much, i hope that you understand me, because i am spain, that is all

Te entendemos :smile: You can hit it with Sandpaper to get the rust off and then use some clear spray paint to help protect it for some time.

Anyone look into the brook universal fighting board with this stick? http://shoryuken.com/2016/01/15/brooks-universal-fighting-board-broadens-arcade-stick-compatibility-horizons/

Looked painfully easy until I remembered the left soft panel…

Same principles apply as with a PCB replacement. any particular questions?

Lots haha.

I’ve never done any modding outside of swapping buttons and decided to pick up this board since it didn’t involve any soldering. Everything works of the quick connectors and seemed pretty straight forward.

I tried looking at some of the mods here and looks like I’m going to have to get my hands dirty if I want to keep the side panel active. I wouldn’t mind losing the button remap if I could keep the start/select buttons.

I know another option would be drilling buttons but I’d rather not. Any suggestions for tutorials on the side panel?

Anybody know if Sanwa RGs will fit in the fighting edge?

Do they both take 30 mm buttons?

Yes, but the switch on RGs is about twice the size as a standard sanwa. I’m not sure if it will fit inside without the QDs bending when wired up.

Im leaning towards them not fitting in but if they do it would be a tight fit. The fighting edge ha a lower profile than most sticks so yeah.

I measured the RG from the bottom of the rim to the bottom of the contacts to be 43.5mm. But without bending the pins you would need about another 5 - 10mm for the quick disconnect so if you have about 55mm of clearance u might barely fit it without bending the pins.