HORI Fighting Stick for PS4

Thought I’d make my first thread about Hori’s next arcade stick controller, this one being a compact, budget-oriented option that sits between the Fighting Stick Mini and RAP4. Releases in Japan this June for ¥ 9,980 (approx. $90-100 USD).

(Site is in Japanese, use Google Translate for now)

Tweet with larger images

This looks cute.
I love buying cheaper/budget sticks and souping them up.
A little pricey for a budget stick, though.

Not a fan of the case design or the cable placement/cover. Everything else looks fine, it’ll probably use their Hayabusa parts. Technically it’s the cheapest current gen stick that offers the noir layout (or astro city idk) from a reputable brand so 1 up for that. I probably won’t buy it, but it’s always nice when a new stick comes out.

I think it’s a little bit late (considering that budget ps3 hori sticks already existed when Soul Calibur 4 came out… right?) But still very good for people not wanting to invest a little bit more than 100 USD :slight_smile:

Y’know, to me, this stick actually gives off a very “Konami Hyper Stick” vibe, with the large area under the stick/buttons for palm rest, and the angled cutaway at the top of the front panel.

Also note that the cable compartment door is held on with magnets, so I’m presuming it won’t suffer quite as much of broken cable compartment doors like the past Mad Catz and Hori sticks.

… and I love magnets on stuff for arcade sticks. -_-

Audio port is an exciting feature for a budget stick. Loving the line art, keeping it classy as usual. Like the neutral color scheme that can be complemented in different ways. Hori never fails to me and this still stands.

I’d like it more if the top array of buttons were round like the FS3. Hurray for top controls over side setups. Dark Hai or Clear Smoke hardware might be the route I’ll follow once I get my hands on it.