How are the Tiers looking now?

Wonder if there has been any changes recently with characters moving up or down the theorised tier list. I suppose we usually depend on Japan for the basic idea of which characters are considered good, since they have the most competitive scene and the most numerous and varied players.

Hows the International scenes looking at the moment anyways? More people have been having a go at 3S ever since the tournies started at my arcade at the end of last year.

Can someone give me a basic tier list? (I know this is what was just asked, but I just want some approximation)

Ken/Chun-Li are top tier, right?
Twelve is bottom tier?
I remember reading those somewhere on here, but what about the rest?

Sean and Q are bottom-bottom tier. I’d rank Twelve above them both, and I KNOW how implausible a win with Twelve is.

Off the top of my head:

Yun
Ken
Chun

Makoto
Urien
Dudley
Akuma
Ryu
Yang
Alex
Elena
Oro

Necro
Hugo
Ibuki

Remy
Twelve
Sean
Q

N - In that order.

Awesome. I just started really getting into this game, and so far I’ve noticed that people don’t always use the top tier characters, which is awesome.

Nothing makes me more discouraged than reading about MvC2 and hearing “If you want to get good, you have to use Magneto, Sentinel, Storm, or Cable”. It’s like they are the only choice in that game.

psh. makoto’s 9th. :rolleyes:

Wow… Necros pretty…

Low…

that’s pretty much the list right id go with… except id put necro much higher, due to his potential.

I’d move Oro up also 4 or 5 slots also, but other then that, yep I agree

I didn’t rank Oro low on purpose, I just feel that the characters above him are better. The Alex/Elena/Oro section could be switched around a bit, I suppose.

Necro’s a good character, but he gets his shit pushed in by way too many other characters. It’s always an uphill battle for him. There’s no real way to get people the hell off of you except being lucky and/or really really good. And that strategy works for anyone.

N - Makoto is Miss Cleo tier, which is unstoppable.

IMO Oro needs to move up a bunch just for his super art potential. I wouldn’t go as high as #4 like a certain Japanese tiering, but I’d put him below Dudley and above Alex.

you know my tier list was a beast. makoto 9th. GG.

why is remy so low?

by all means remy is not that much of a low tier character. good remy is mid tier, just like a good hugo is also mid tier.

I couldn’t agree more

Alex blows. He’s definitely not as good as Oro, Elena or even Ibuki. And Oro should at least be like #7 also, like Jinrai said.

— Top Tier
Yun
Ken
Chun
— High Mid
Makoto
Urien
Dudley
Akuma
Yang
Oro
— Mid Tier
Necro
Elena
Ibuki
Ryu
Remy
Alex
Hugo
Q
Twelve
— Low Tier
Sean

characters in there own brackets can be higher or lower depending on the player’s skill within that set. people forget that the 3s cast tiers aren’t that far off from top to bottom like other games.

well, i saw many times Sean being above Q, twelve and Hugo(Hugo being dead last) in a lot of japanese tierings. but hey, who knows.

from what one of my friends saw in japan like 2 weaks ago, Chun-Li would be above Ken, and Yun above Chun-li. some even ranks Makoto above Ken. I also heard that K.O ranks Makoto as n1, but i’m waiting for confirmation.

now i think that Ryu shoul be a lil’ higher than where everdread put him(because he is damned solid, and can do pretty well against top and high mids) and maybe alex a bit lower(he sucks bad… still, i play him). but that’s only my opinion.

I Have seen quit a number of hugo matches n I feel that hugo should be ranked higher, some where along alex. I fact, I think that hugo is a much better character than alex is.

A good hugo player can easily put down ken or any chracter, just like in the recent a-cho 3 on 3 matches. The only characters that hugo would have a hard time is Akuma, tutrling chun-li, and yun.

Anyway, I think it all comes down to whose playing which character anyway.(I’m contradicting myself) :xeye:

Therein lies the problem. You can’t look at Chikyuu when you’re ranking Necro. You can’t just look at Hayao and think “Oh, Hugo’s a great character!”. It only depends on the character’s natural abilities, how much “momentum” it takes to get those in, and how difficult they are to pick up.

Oro ranks low because he’s difficult to use. You have to know all of the different unblockable setups, Tengu juggles, etcetera to even have a shot. The difference between him and Urien, though, is that Urien WILL get you no matter what. Oro doesn’t have blocked setups like Urien does, and less range to poke out with.

Q is too damn big, he gets juggled like nothing, and he has NO priority. You have to be a great player to use Q, and even then it’s way difficult. Twelve has shitty damage, but outside of that he’s a good character. Q is below Twelve.

Remy can’t do shit against pressure. The best you can hope for is to keep them barely off of you, just outside sweep distance. After that you’re sweating bullets and throwing out weak pokes to get them to back off. He doesn’t have any quick damage options (no good poke -> heavy super), and he takes damage like a punk. He also has a low stun bar. Again, not a terrible character, but not as good as anyone above him.

N - I love Twelve and Necro, and I rank them low. What does that tell you?

what pressure are u talking about?