How are you supposed to hold a bat top

I got a Mas stick for mvc2 since I couldn’t get hcf motions consistently on my hrap 3 since the stick has a square gate. So when I got my new stick I hit the training mode and I thought it would be easier to do these motions but it wasn’t. I’m struggling hard with this motion and the qcf motion. I just wan’t to know if I’m holding the stick properly. Here’s a pic of how I hold the stick:http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4328/cimg1691s.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That looks good. You can try placing the stick between your ring finger & pinky. Don’t hold the stick the whole time, but hover your hand around it. Let your fingers and wrist do the work, not your whole arm. Use your thumb for left and up, your palm for right and your fingers for down. That’s the way I do it. Hope that helped.

I know this isn’t the answer you are looking for, but it really is whatever is most comfortable for you. This is one of those things in life where there isn’t a ‘best’; you have to figure it out for yourself.

ive been told the key to using a mas is to smack and flick it around.

Thanks this helped allot now I can the qcb and hcf motions etc… Now I just need to practice .