How can I check the USB polling rate of my stick?

Is there a program that let me see test a specific usb device?

Reason I’m asking is that I just set the polling rate for my stick to 250Hz and wanted to see if it can handle the 250 Hz polling. I have a TE S+.

USB polling is not a factor for arcade sticks, only mice.

If you really want to test it, get Joy2Key, set your stick to control the mouse cursor, download mouse polling app, and use the stick to move the mouse around the polling box. It will hit over 1000 Hz polling. Your mouse however will still hit 250 Hz.

Again, not a factor. Even if it was, you’re talking extreme minimal amounts of lag that no human being could possibly notice.

Thank you for Joy2Key recommendation.

Right now I’m setting it to 250Hz.

I don’t know if changing polling from every 0.5 to 0.25 frames will be that noticeable. It should make hitting some 1 frame stuff easier because you have an extra 0.25 frame timing leeway to hit the key.

Sticks aren’t limited to polling rates, so they’re already going as fast as possible. Joy2Key recommendation is only to prove that your stick is going faster than your mouse is. Setting polling rate does not affect sticks. It’s also impossible for a human to notice the difference of 8 ms vs 4 ms.

Joy2Key is pretty cool. However, I can’t get it to move the mouse cursor in Win 7. Might be because I’m using Razor mouse driver instead of default windows driver. Oh well.

How did you learn that stick polling rate is always max in Win7? Thank you.

3.4 Input Handling
GLFW supports three channels of user input: keyboard input, mouse input and joystick input.
Keyboard and mouse input can be treated either as events, using callback functions, or as state, using
functions for polling specific keyboard and mouse states. Regardless of which method is used, all
keyboard and mouse input is collected using window event polling.
Joystick input is asynchronous to the keyboard and mouse input, and does not require event polling for
keeping up to date joystick information. Also, joystick input is independent of any window, so a
window does not have to be opened for joystick input to be used.

You have to configure the joystick settings in Joy2Key, enable 1 stick, 1 POV in the options. Then, assign POV up to Mouse up and POV down to Mouse down. Run the mouse polling app, use your mouse to put the cursor in the center of the mouse app window, then wiggle the joystick up and down. It goes up to 1000 hz polling. If you move your mouse, it only goes up to 250. That’s how it’s done.

Xpadder?

Ahh I see. POV is how to get the stick to move the mouse.

Also, whoops lol can’t believe that earlier today I didn’t realize that I can assign the buttons to move the mouse. Using 4 buttons and tapping with both hands, I’m getting variable rates using mouse rate checker. If I hold a button down, it gets a consistent 13-14Hz.

Getting the feeling that using mouse rate checker to check stick poll rate is flawed.

I dunno what to tell you dude, when I do the test my stick movement outputs 1000 Hz.

I don’t see why you’re worried about 4 to 8 ms of input lag, no human can possibly notice that and it isn’t going to break your gaming by any stretch of the imagination. If you’re having problems playing the game maybe check your execution or see if there are holes in your game that you need to work on instead of worrying about such a small amount of possible input lag.

Ok, just to show you, what I did was mapped mouse up to button Y and mouse down to button B. I held both in so that the mouse icon couldn’t move but it would send info to the program that the mouse was moving. This should speak for itself. I also mapped the mouse to my analog sticks, and the same. This was on my OnLive Universal Controller. I’ve also tested my PS360+ and got the same results.

I really don’t know what else to say, what more proof could you want?

Thank you. I took your word for it yesterday afternoon already. Either way, I wasn’t going to spend anymore time researching. Just wanted to share my weird results.

I think it works based on if the input is consistent or not. If I tapped it didn’t use much of the bandwidth the controller offers, however, once I held them in it spazzed out and you can see it even hit as high as 2000+ at times. It makes sense if you think about it, a short button press won’t need 2000 Hz compared to constant tracking of a mouse or analog stick which is constantly updating the PC through the duration of the direction. On the other hand, a button is simply on or off. A mouse tracks many other directions, changes of directions, and the like, and if it wasn’t capped it would cause a lot of CPU to simply track something that can be done almost equally as well at a much lower rate.