How do I get the Analog input?

hey folks…

i am new here in the forum and i already have a question:wow:

i was finishing my first arcade stick for my 360 as i asked myself how do i get the input from the analog stick.

i know that the madcatz te sf4 stick has that feature.but how do i get it fro an original pcb?

dont get me wrong i read all the faqs and newbie threads before starting this new thread.

i know how to remove the triggers and analog sticks and set them to neutral with resistors…no problem…but how do i get the inputs from the analog stick connected with a sanwa jlf e.g…

it would be nice to play the dishwasher and several other games which only suppport analog control with my arcade stick…

anyone idea?

btw: my first selfmade stick

WHoa nice stick! Analog isnt all that great. Digital is better. Slangcoin is your best bet, but most of the time digital is only used.

thx for the response…

but what is slangcoin?..or do you mean slagcoin (the website)?..

well i know what you mean with the digital thing…its not that i want an analog stick on my arcade board…i just want the signal and gnd from the 8 directions from the analog stick to the sanwa jlf…no variables between…that means either left is pushed or not…either right is pushed or not etc etc…

any ideas on that?

Yup… slagcoin is a website
http://www.slagcoin.com/

yeah i know that site…inside out…but it doesnt help me with my problem…sorry…

anyone idea??:shake:

im not sure anyone has done it before.

looking at the pcb there are traces going to the analog stick things so MAYBE its possible to turn the analog stick into 4 digital “buttons” (the same way you hack the triggers) which you could wire the JLF’s microswitches to. its a very big MAYBE because i have no idea whats under those analog stick things, or how the thing works. its definitely more complicated than the analog triggers though.

it would be really cool if you got something working though, so good luck

Well, getting a four Cherry microswitch stick like a competition or super, to control an analog stick wouldn’t be difficult. Getting a Sanwa to do it would be doable and not too hard if you replaced the microswitch board with separate cherry microswitches.

But using the 5 pin cable to control an analog stick AND the d-pad? That’d be difficult, and require custom electronics to pull off. It could be done, sure, but the circuits to pull it off wouldn’t be fun for someone not used to that kind of thing to pull off.

In general, I’d just recommend getting a MadCatz stick and using the slide switch.

Well, maybe it wouldn’t be that bad. It’d require one inverter chip, and one analog switch chip, and a few resistors.

And removing the original analog stick housing SUCKS.

big thx for your responses…

i searched for cherry microswitches but didnt find any concrete solution due to the fact that there are different kinds of cherry microswitches…could you hook me up with an link or sth so i know which ones you exactly mean?..

the other thing: i DO NOT want to control the digipad AND the analog stick…ONLY the analog stick…

i managed to remove the analog sticks completeley, hooking them up with some resistors so theyre neutral…no big deal…

but i just dont know which solder points i have to take…one analog stick has two axes…i dont know how i “split” them so one particular direction is inputted…

regular cherry microswitches (the same kind that go in american buttons and sticks. LizardLick carries them) can be used directly in a JLF as a replacement for the original microswitch board. Or you can use a JLW instead of a JLF.

Once you have access to seperated microswitches, its pretty easy. You’ll have four wires coming from the pad: high, low, Y axis wiper (YAW for short from here on), and X axis wiper(XAW for short). Take four resistors, 4.7k-10k ohm, and solder them from:

1. High to YAW
  2. High to YAW
  3. Low to XAW
  4. Low to XAW

Here’s where the four wires go on the switches:
Left: one to High, other to XAW
Right: one to Low, other to XAW
(Note: some pads are different; if this wiring makes left be right and visa versa, swap the high and low wires.)

Up: one to High, other to YAW
Down: one to Low, other to YAW
(Note: some pads are different; if this wiring makes up be down and visa versa, swap the high and low wires.)
If you’re using three prong switches, then the two prongs you should use are COM and NO (normally open). Do NOT used the NC normally closed prong for anything.