Before I get into the thread title here’s some quick background on my fighting game history:
- Didn’t start playing fighting games until November 08 and started with Street Fighter HD Remix that I bought from the PSN store
- In HD remix, I played mainly Guile and Chun.
- When SF4 dropped, didn’t really like Guile and Chun (they just felt different). Plus i felt their AA weren’t really that good.
- So for some strange reason I wanted to pick a shoto (probably because of their reliables AA) and thought that Akuma looked cool combined with his teleport and air fireball would be worth a shot.
- And eleven months later here I am.
Now for those of you taking the time to read this, what is it for you that did or didn’t confirm that Akuma was the proper main for you? For me, I feel that I’m just stuck in my ability to level up with him and don’t have the consistency to hit his combos all of the time. Plus when I have lapses in judgment, I tend to pay severely. Sometimes I kinda “freeze up” mentally because I know what I want to do but can’t execute it or I give the opponent too much of the benefit of the doubt in thinking they will counter or block it and pause long enough to not take advantage on punishing my opponent further (i.e. like after getting a knockdown which option to start of with for the vortex). If I’m starting to see that I’m not the best at executing combos consistently, would it be wise to switch because of Akuma being such an execution heavy character? What I’ve started to see also, in my game is that I can beat scrubs to average players (not even sure how you measure that but people who seem that way to me). But when I start playing betters players I wind up losing because I don’t finish, I’m not consistent with my combos and my mindgames/gameplan tend to falter. Anyone have any thoughts that they tend to share on this? I thinking about dropping Akuma all together and finding someone else to main but not sure about it yet. Thanks for any responses. :china: