How does a sanwa button switch work?

I opened up a switch because water got into it, and after I disassembled it, I got very confused.

the picture shows the exact order at which the parts are assembled. what is making the connection between the 2 ends of the switch? there is only a metal ball and a spring and the 2 conductors, everything else is plastic.

the ball is always in contact with the 2 conductor bars when assembled, and even when the button is pressed, the position of the ball doesn’t move. I don’t know if the spring touches the 2 conductor barss when compressed, but it seems to be the only possible choice that this spring is the conductor that connects the 2 conductor bars. is this how it works?

Lets talk about basic snap action switches, and mods!

Is this ST MuffinMan? If so, I have your ph # as long as it hasn’t changed since last EVO so if you want I can talk you through it.

FWIW, you have the sprite and ball swapped around. The ball goes into the white plastic, then the wide part of the spring goes under it, and then the thin part of the spring goes between the two metal conductors.

I don’t think I am that guy, probably plenty of muffinmen on shoryuken.

I just checked another sanwa switch, and it’s still in the same order as I described. the metal between the 2 conductors, and the spring inside the white plastic…

damn it, I don’t have any flash light bulbs and wires around me, otherwise I could just get a small battery and connect everything together to see it

? No, that’s not right. It should be like this.

Incorrect, the OP has the image as it should be.

The reason it works is because of the plastic v-notch on one side of the prongs - the ball bearing rests just above the metal prongs, when pressure is applied it makes contact.

You know what, you’re right. I haven’t seen the inside of one of these in about 5 years, I really thought it was the way I posted. Huh, that’s interesting I guess. I just took one apart and put it back together.

If the design was a tad different the opposite would have worked too, but that’s not how it is. It’s a good question though, because it does look like the ball rests on the prongs, which would complete the circuit.