How does this sound?

I think I have come to a logical arrival as to why everyone on planet earth should believe in a God.

Firstly, I need us to accept that this universe is not infinite, which would remove the need for a God in the equation. If the universe has always been around, then it won’t have needed to be made. Remember, the known universe consists of not only physical matter, but the concepts of time, dimensions, laws, and predictability in general. Basically every concievable thing is a ‘thing’, which requires possibility to be a ‘thing’ i.e. a knowable universe to be a ‘thing’ in the first place. Even a void is a ‘thing’ as it has measurable attributes like dimension and how long it has existed for. True ‘nothingness’ is impossible for us to imagine, as to imagine something means we are attributing features to it, of which true nothingness has no attributes.

So I have to convince you that at some point, there was nothing. Literally nothing. Not even a void of space.

I can do this by observing time and its’ behaviour. Basically, the fact that I got up this morning at 6:30AM and arrived at university at 8:45AM tells me that at some point, the universe was non-existant. I can say this with confidence, and I present to you this basic visual guide as to why I believe this is the case:

Let’s take a short span of time, like my example of my morning routine, starting with getting up in the morning and arriving at university. If I plot every ‘major’ event (like getting dressed, eating breakfast, brushing my teeth, walking to the station etc.), as a point in a timeline, then I should get something looking like this-

Waking up - - - - - - - - - - - - Arriving at university.

All those points are something I did that I can remember doing. The more things I manage to do before arriving at university, or the larger the timeframe I take for my example, the more points I can draw and therefore the longer the line becomes.

Imagine doing the same thing, but for every ‘major’ act you commit in a YEAR. That line is going to get pretty long. By now you should be able to see where I’m going with this.

Let’s draw that line.

2009 … 2010

Every dot there represents something I did from the start of 2009 up to now. Obviously, the actual visual difference would be much greater than the two examples I’ve given here, but for the sake of brevity I’ve cut the time line down abit, but you can still see that there are many more points in time between 2009 to 2010 than there are between getting up in the morning and arriving at university. Well, the more events that take place, the longer timeframe you’re going to need to fit them all in.

So what if the universe never had a true beginning? What would that mean for this timeline?

Well it’s simple. There wouldn’t be one. In the same way you can’t count to infinity, you can’t draw an infinite timeline, because there is no point of reference. Every ‘point’ in an infinite timeline means exactly the same as every other.

If there is an infinite timeline, then there are an infinite number of events happening before the next one. Basically, if the universe had no beginning, then there is an eternity between the ‘beginning’ of it and between you reading this right now. If the universe truly inhabited an infinite timeline, then you would never be able to read this. Or do anything. It would take an eternity to move from one point on the timeline to the next.

So, for time to be measurable, there has to be a point of reference i.e. the beginning of the universe. There just has to be a point of zero where everything flows from. At a time before time, there was genuinely nothing.

So with that out of the way, let’s discuss why this implies the existence of a God.

This one is quite simple, really. Once you’ve established that the universe had a point of zero, then you need to introduce a factor of infinity to change this value. Basic mathematics. Zero multiplied by infinity equals an undefined value (basically anything you want it to be). There’s much proof of this you can look up anywhere. Zero multiplied by *anything else *always equals zero. There NEEDS to be an infinite power for the universe to come into being.

For something to exist outside of our universe and have an infinite influence over it, existing outside of logic and time… well, you can call it what you like, but for sure it’s infinitely powerful.

IN b4 close/delete.