How much of a beating will my pad take from Magneto?

magneto

So I wanna pick up Maggy because my main team is getting quite stale, but I really don’t want to have to give my controller a beat down just to play.

I play on pad, and currently use Noel Brown’s team (Wolverine, Frank West, Wesker). The advantage is all 3 of them are very simple characters and don’t really require crazy movement or button inputs. I’m wondering, just how much complex movement and button mashing does Magneto require? It’s a bit of an odd question, but I feel my movement’s a bit sloppier because I’m on pad, and if I feel I’ll drop a lot of things with him I’d rather not bother.

The only time you should be mashing with Magneto is during Magnetic Tempest or Gravity Squeeze.

If you mash in any of Magnetos combos, you run a high risk of dropping the combo. Most of Magnetos combos are time and precision based so you really shouldnt be mashing.

Theres a lot of Mag pad players here so you should be fine.

i’ve seen pad magnetos that moved so well i couldnt believe they were on a pad

he is a full time job though. you dont half-ass magneto.

If it helps Fanatiq is regarded as one of the best Magneto’s and he plays on pad.

Also I used to play that same team, I’m really glad I moved on and decided to pick up magneto. He’s definitely worth it, and you can always play Wolvie on the side :slight_smile:

It’s not the pad that will take a beating. It’s your left thumb :). Enjoy that callus. There is nothing you can’t do with Magneto on pad, and plinking tridashes and dashes is easier on pad due to macros.

PS2 DualShock 2 can take a good beating. You should make the switch if you don’t use a DualShock 2, as it has the best D-pad for fighting games. You play on Xbox? Here’s a popular converter that many players (including myself. I know WolfKrone used it when he played on pad) for the Xbox.

http://etokki.com/Xtokki360

Mag is pretty easy on pad, you just need to practice and don’t worry about learning everything the first day.

I feel like my d-pad takes alot of damage from playing Magneto as opposed to if I played Nova or some shit like that.

One button dash