How old are top players?

I’m not interested in their exact birthday but I’m trying to have a more precise reference frame about the various generations of players.

Therefore, if there are people who really know and can answer (no random guesses), please tell me the birth year of

American players
Schaeffer
Watson
Osaki
Tomo Ohira (where should I put him?)
Choi
Valle
Wong
Wolfe Bros

Japanese St players
Daigo
Kurahashi
Aniken
Mattsun
Muteki Guile
Kusumondo
Otochun
Komoda Blanka
Gian
Noguchi

Japanese Ts players
Ohnuki
Ko
Rx
Hayao
Kuroda
Kokujin
Nitto
Mov
Roshihikari
Boss

Obviously, if you have infos about other players don’t hesitate to report them.

this is ganna be interesting.

no joke

Just in general 27-30. I think dudes who were older than that and big time SF2 tourney players probably didnt know where fighting games were going in the mid 90s and quit or got really casual.

What about top players in other games? Justin Wong is 21 BTW for what I know. Arturo is 24 (Sabin) SNK side of things I am 25, Ultimate Faust is I believe 19, SieClayton is 28, I dont know some others…

who is the oldest sf player–that is still playing?

That’s a toss-up between Seth Killian(he’s still rockin’ that ST), Alex Valle(30), and Jason Cole(32). There are probably more, but I can’t recall them at the moment.

Also, Hail and Kill would be the youngest CvS2 top player that I know of. Dude’s only 16.

old enough to be a smash bro player father…

:confused:

Oh, I’m 37.

lol @ Jason cole and H&K. Damn I wonder how much longer Cole will play ST:rofl:. And H&K sounds like a prodigy.

Vidness: Are u really 37, seriously?

I’m 17

If Tomo Ohira was 17 in 1993, then that would make him around 31 in 2007, depending on what month he was born in.

you forgot alot of american players IMO

pyro
amir
etc…

I think alot of the old school ST players are in their 30’s. Whats next, asking about their annual income? razzy:

SRK did that already. :looney:

Lol. Whats next, asking for their social security numbers. :wink:

I think this type of thread has already been done, like twice. Wonder what that search thingy does?

I think that Daigo is like 25 or 26. He looks hella young when he played Valle in A3.

All the Cali OGs you listed are like 30-35.

I would say the top players in newer games are 20-25 for a good range. The influx of players seemed to happen real big in 92-94 (obviously) and then started up again when CVS1 and Marvel came out (and now with the big popularity of 3s)… so a lot of guys under 20 in 99-2000 are probably around those age ranges.

You’re probably low-balling it a little. I don’t know for sure, but I would guess Daigo is in his late 20s. Yeah, he looked like a kid in 1998, but Japanese guys tend to.

youre all fucking old

Link?

you’re not a top player