How to adapt to playing on the left side of a 2d fighter?

I am having trouble relearning how to play from the left side using the SF4 TE stick with certain movements giving me much more difficulty with certain movements in SSF2THD like:

Ryu/Sagat Supers
Fireballs
Shoryukens

Everything just seems more natural from the right side. I can whip out moves like nothing from the right side. It appears I have lost a lot of skill with a 10 year hiatus!

It’s really simple… play 2P – play it a lot.

If you have to play the CPU or you get bored of the current game, then play 2P in another SF game.

Motor skills have to be manually trained, ie like learning to write with your other hand.

practice in practice mode

Use Dhalsim or Gouki, and teleport to the other side…

(duh!.. you need to do a dp motion to do that… sorry… forget about my advice!)

huh… I guess you mean Play 1P.

I’ve been practicing forever on my bad side, the input time difference is disheartening… Sometimes I wonder if its the way I hold the joystick…

For what it’s worth, I use my fingers only to do the specials on the right side (2P) and my whole hand to do them from the left side (1P).

by playing on the left side

I have verbally abused my left hand for not being able to pull supers/ultras with consistency on the left side. This is hindering my game dramatically, whenever I have meter I try to get on the right side, only to get an ex sky fall fack!

All I can say is Practice makes perfect. You don’t sound like scrub and play on one side cause I used to know people that used to do that back in the day saying “Oh I can play on 1 side.” I would advice to just hit the training room and just practice the motions for like an hour or 2.

I’ve actually had the same exact problem, only on SF IV. From the 1P side, standard motions and whatnot are easy, but you throw a super or an ultra in there and it’s not good for me.

I tried this weird thing which would never work but is good for a laugh: I actually swap hands really quick if I need to do a Super/Ultra - I do the QCFx2 with my RIGHT hand and hit the buttons with my left, literally crossing my arms over each other. Works like a charm every time, but it’s in no way practical.

Best advice I’ve gotten is, use your fingers for facing the 1P and your whole hand/wrist for facing 2P. I’m not perfect yet but it’s waaaaaay more consistent.

I have verbally abused my left hand for not being able to pull supers/ultras with consistency on the left side. This is hindering my game dramatically, whenever I have meter I try to get on the right side, once I succeed I end up getting an ex sky fall instead of super/ultra, fack!

A warm-up I like to perform involves rotating the stick counter clockwise repeatedly then transition to a half circle for a while then finally the quarter. Usually after doing this warm-up I find that I have like a 75% accuracy with pulling supers/ultras. I use the “wine glass” grip with my thumb on top of the ball to push the stick and the index and middle guiding.