How to completely remove the jump/wobble from JLF

Currently I am using a JLF with a 2lb spring and kowal actuator and I still notice there is a lot of neutral “wobble” that I would like to remove to give a more solid feel. I am not sure if I am explaining it right, but it is a gap or a jump the joy makes before engaging the switches and its very off-putting. All Sanwa JLW-TM-8 Joystick are out of stock, so I would like to keep tweaking my JLF until I find a better substitute.

You can use a 3 or 4 lb spring to minimize it, but you can’t remove it. Nature of the beast.

You could try an optical setup like the spark ce or rollie flash, no microswitches involved.

Still would have the dead zone wobble. Good thing he’s not playing on a LS-32, lol!

sounds like you’ve done everything right - increase spring tension and oversize the actuator. Any wobble that’s left is just lost motion. With a single spring, there’s not much else you can do, without fitting some kind of tensioning device with tiny little pulleys :stuck_out_tongue:

alright, thanks all. Looks like I am gonna have to wait until PAS restocks, cause they don’t even have the 1.5mm actuators and a review say 2mm are to much for the stock omrons.

1.5 is too big for stock Omron, IMO.

What actually happens, do the switches get pressed unintentionally?

More like the switches remain pressed. The diameter of the actuator just exceeds the space between two opposite cardinal switches, so unless you have zippy’s or silent omrons they won’t work as intended.

snip

Wrong thread.