Recently, I’ve decided that I want to learn Akuma, To a good standard. His Mixup, Vortex, Setups, Combo’s. All the good stuff.
I come from a Blazblue background, I’m no stranger to steep learning curves and I do know how much time it can take to truly get a character like Akuma down to a fine art. Much longer than this thread will last.
I’m no stranger to fighting game mechanics. I understand Zoning, Wakeup, Oki, meaty, as I hope many of you do too. So i’ll TL;DR all the shit I was going to write and do what I have to do.
Also, I understand numerous FAQ threads and “How to xxx” Threads exist, But mine are quite specific and I’d like some “Tailored” replies because im a picky bastard.
- How long am I looking at to fully understand Akuma’s basic gameplay
- Where is the the best place to start off and why?
- Is it rewarding? Is the time spend training worth the reward?
- What exactly is the Vortex?
- U1 or U2? (Matchup dependent, I know)
Thank you in advance for the replies. It’s much appreciated.