How to make a "How to Train Your Dragon" topic

This movie is great and everyone should watch it, and then post here to discuss it.

Filler text to conceal the spoiler from mouseover view!

OMG DRAGONS

Spoiler

Jesus, Hiccup lost his fucking foot! Yeah, they wanted to show that he and the dragon were the same, but holy fuck!

Dr. B’s celestial dragons shoot meteor breath.

Saw this last night in Imax 3D. Was my first 3d movie since Captain EO, thats how long its been.

Holy fuck, it was sick. Go see it now.

Saw this last night in Imax 3D. Was my first 3d movie since Captain EO, thats how long its been.

Holy fuck, it was sick. Go see it now.

Non-Imax 3D for me. The 3D was used very well here, like in Up!.

It seems Dreamworks has two “lines” of animated feature: the pop-culture-gag line (Shrek, some of Madagascar), and the competing-and-getting-pretty-close-to-Pixar line (Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon). The latter line has been gold so far.

Dr. B in 3D literally takes out your eye.

I absolutely loved this movie. Will be buying on dvd when it comes out.

Just a heads-up, your spoiler is visible from the forum index via mouseover preview.

I’m not interested in seeing this movie but I guess I’d be kinda annoyed now if I were :rofl:

Are you all on acid? What the fuck are you talking about?

Watch the movie. It’s great.

Thanks for the heads up, and sorry about the unintentional spoiler. I’ve added filler text to fix this.

Dr. B is always and never a spoiler.

Went to see it a second time. I almost never watch movies twice.

A friend who I dragged with me and ended up loving the film said something important: very few movies take the sort of chance and show the sort of consequences this film does. The hero grows… but pays a price. WATCH THIS MOVIE.

Dr. B’s celestial dragon shoots Mad Sexy FIYAH.

Yeah I went to see this movie last week and I fuckin fell in love with it…the flying sequences are AMAZING (especially the last battle) and all the different types of dragons and shit…this shit is getting BOUGHT on Blu-Ray, definitely recommended!

Saw this is RealD 3D with the family, really liked it although I wanted a bit more character development with Hiccup & Astrid, but that plotline fulfilled it’s purpose I suppose.

stuff

Spoiler

I think the development was perfect. I do think Astrid jumped from being suspicious of Hiccup to having feelings for him a little too quickly (though as a friend of mine pointed out, she’s a girl and they’re wacky about shit like this), but otherwise I loved the interaction. I especially enjoyed when she pressed him about not killing Toothless, stating that it’s super-important that she knows; she wanted to learn something about him there, and you can tell that’s when she came full-circle re: Hiccup.

I love this movie so much. Iron Man 2 better not disappoint!

Dr. B doesn’t need specialized suits of armor, but when he does use them, watch out.

I should check this out. I fully expected it to be more standard Dreamworks trash, but seeing all the glowing reviews has made me reconsider it.

I haven’t seen this, but my brother did and he really liked it. He saw it twice in 3D.

Movie was AWESOME. That is all.

I saw this on IMAX 3d. The flying scenes were awesome, I thought they did a great job with the classic “boy befriending a monster” storyline. I thought the pacing was excellent, and they did a good job making a family friendly film enjoyable for everyone the way Pixar does. This movie and Kung-fu Panda were both Pixar level, too bad they are following those excellent movies with Shrek 3. :sad:

Shrek 4. Though Shrek 3 (2007) was pretty bad too.

Loved this movie, very Pixar-ish. My favorite part was the montages where the boy learned stuff about dragons (the ticklish grass, eating habits, etc).

Toothless reminded me of Stitch.

This is the closest Dreamworks has come to a Pixar level of quality. It’s not there yet, but they’re starting to get the hang of storytelling that’s high on humanity and low on cheap gags.

As a side note, this was the second-most recent movie I’ve seen, most recent being Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I almost never go to family movies, so this is strange.

Its good for all the right reasons. Well worth it.

Agreed 100%. Very few things approach Pixar’s best stuff.

This man speaks truth.

Make love to me Dr. B.